SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-02-14
Interviews & Profiles
- Mur Lafferty interviews Emma Newman for Angry Robot Books.
- Mur Lafferty interviews Myke Cole on her podcast, I Should Be Writing.
- Amazing Stories interviews Lavie Tidhar.
- Reddit AMA with Jacqueline Carey.
- My Bookish Ways interviews J.D. Horn.
- The Qwillery interviews Lynn Viehl.
- Fantasy Faction interviews Joanne Harris.
- This Is Horror interviews Joseph D’Lacey.
- The Huffington Post interviews Hugh Howey.
- Suvudu interviews Joe Schreiber.
- The Little Red Reviewer interviews Ian Nichols.
- Anne Thompson interviews Alfonso Cuarón (mostly about Gravity).
- Reddit AMA with Alfonso Cuarón.
- The Atlantic interviews Otis and Elizabeth Chandler, the founders of Goodreads.
- The Daily Dot interviews AshleyRose Sullivan, a blogger who chronicled her year-long binge of Star Trek, and now The X-Files. [via Paul Di Filippo]
Events & Event News
- Carrie Cuinn’s schedule for Boskone 51 in Boston MA, February 14-16.
- Cassandra Rose Clarke’s schedule for the Montgomery County Book Festival in Conroe TX, February 15.
- Geek Bomb Book Club Google Hangout with Brent Weeks, February 16.
- Brandon Sanderson’s schedule for LTUE (Life, the Universe, & Everything symposium) in Provo UT, this weekend.
- Young Adult Literature Convention (YALC) in London (UK), July 12-13.
- Women Destroy Science Fiction! by Lightspeed Magazine. Just a few more hours to go but it has already been funded. So women will destroy not only Science Fiction but also Horror and Fantasy!
- She Makes Comics by Sequart Research & Literacy Organization.
- Shadowbinders Book Two: steampunk! fantasy! comedy! by Thom Pratt.
- Invisible Universe: a history of blackness in speculative fiction.
- The Skiffy and Fanty Show on Introductions: So, There Is A Place Called SEA (Southeast Asia and SF/F).
- John Scalzi’s Publishing Notes, 2/13/14.
- Charlotte Ashley on The Princess Problem. Part of a series of guest posts on representation at Jim C. Hines’ blog.
- Jessica Strider is Rethinking Gender Part 1.
- Jessica Strider is Rethinking Gender Part 2.
- Philip Reeve on John Wyndham.
- Shannon Messenger On trusting characters (aka: why I let them make mistakes).
- Holly West lists Five Things I Learned Writing Mistress of Fortune at Chuck Wendig’s terribleminds.
- S.E. Gilchrist lists Five Things I Learned Writing Star Pirate’s Justice at Chuck Wendig’s terribleminds.
- Nina Munteanu says Do Your Research.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch on Blogs, Guest Blogs, and Blog Interviews (Discoverability Part 9).
- IGN reviews Banshee Chapter.
- Miss Cellania answers Why Was Charles M. Schulz’s Comic Strip Called Peanuts?.
- ScreenRant lists the Differences Between the Remake and the Original RoboCop.
- Gamma Squad lists The 11 Weirdest Moments in RoboCop History You May Have Forgotten.
- Charlie Jane Anders lists The Most Insane Moments from RoboCop: The TV Series.
- The Mary Sue’s Agent of S.T.Y.L.E. – DC’s Captain Marvel.
- The Verge on Alien Earths: why life on other worlds would be far weirder than us. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Children playing pretend in the shadow of the fictional characters they’re pretending to be (by Craig Davidson).
- Fire Elemental by DrawingNightmare.
- Sword and Spear by DiegooCunha.
- Myrddraal by Josh Hass.
More Fun Stuff
- Photos: What if Doctor Who Was an American Show?.
- Photos: Maisie Williams (Arya Stark from Game of Thrones) stabbing a Red Wedding cake.
- Video: Ann Leckie’s acceptance speech for Ancillary Justice winning The Kitschies’ Golden Tentacle.
- Vlog: Angry Nerd – The Unnecessary RoboCop Remake.
- Book Trailer: The Martian by Andy Weir.
- Movie Trailer: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – Trailer 3.
- Game Trailer: Goat Simulator coming on Steam.
- Music Video: “The Moon Song” from Her Performed by Karen O, Spike Jonze and KK Barrett.
- Video: Star Wars Rebels: Meet Kanan, the Cowboy Jedi.
- Video: Olympic Skiers Attacked By AT-AT Walkers.
- Video: Luke Won’t Forgive Anakin.
- Video: PBS Off Book on The New Rules of Robot/Human Society.
- Video: Half in the Bag reviews the original RoboCop trilogy.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!