Interviews & Profiles
- The Qwillery interviews Andy Weir.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Andy Weir, too.
- My Bookish Ways also interviews Daniel Price.
- The Geeks’ Guide to the Galaxy Podcast interviews Jeff VanderMeer.
- The io9 book club talks to Tony Burgess about the novel The n-Body Problem.
- David Edison answers the The Pop Quiz at the End of the Universe.
- /Film interviews José Padilha, director of RoboCop (2014).
- Report From Santa Fe interviews George R.R. Martin.
- The 2013 Cybils Awards Winners.
- The AudioBookaneers’ Release Week: Ted Chiang’s Stories of Your Life and Others, Glen Duncan’s By Blood We Live, Iain Banks’ Matter, and Octavia Butler’s Patternmaster and Imago.
- Nicola Griffith’s: Hild to be published in the UK.
- Neil Gaiman on Dundee Literary Prize Panel.
- Sarah J. Maas gets a deal for three more books in her Throne of Glass series.
Events & Event News
- Elizabeth Bear’s schedule for Boskone 51 in Boston MA, February 14-16.
- Anne Plichota and Wolf Cendrine events in London (UK), February 25 and 27.
- Anime Midwest Convention in Chicago IL, July 04-06.
- Stephen King’s The Shining – A Play by Jason Levering.
- Jay Lake: Science Fiction Author on Trial (NIH trial, that is!).
- The Doubleclicks’ New Album “Dimetrodon” + Weekly Songs.
- Tuatha Dea wants to record and create a musical tribute featuring all new music to Alex Bledsoe’s fantasy trilogy of the Appalachian fairy folk, The Tufa.
- Andrew Liptak on The Big Ideas of James Blish.
- Andy Weir answers Why we love man versus nature struggles.
- Ada Hoffmann on Autism, Representation, Success. Part of a series of guest posts on representation at Jim C. Hines’ blog.
- Jennifer Meltzer says Sometimes the Wolf Howls.
- S.M. Wheeler on Friendship with Monsters.
- Thalia Sutton asks Whittling Down the List: Which Convention is Right for You?
- A. Lee Martinez on Game Plan. About his writing career.
- Damien Walter asks Self-publishing: is it killing the mainstream?.
- Hugh Howey on Luck and Lottery. About self-publishing.
- Chuck Wendig asks Check The Box: Do You Want To Be Your Own Publisher, Yes Or No?
- Philippa Ballantine says The future of publishing is here… again.
- Staffer’s Book Review on Analogies. Because. The Publishing Debate.
- Rob Bedford’s The Locke & Key Reread: “Keys to the Kingdom” (Vol. 4).
- Maurice Broaddus’ Recommended Reading.
- Rachel Swirsky’s Novella Recommendations 2013.
- Michael M. Hughes on The One Literary Reference You Must Know to Appreciate True Detective.
- Thea James on Some of That Sweet Sci-Fi Lovin’.
- Lindy West says I Just Saw the Original RoboCop for the First Time and It’s AMAZING.
- io9 asks How would humanity change if we knew aliens existed?
- Ramez Naam says Why AIs Won’t Ascend in the Blink of an Eye – Some Math.
- Murat Palta Depicts Famous Movies In The Style Of The Ottoman Empire.
- ImagineFX Alien Workshop by StaplesART.
- Ragnabreak: Akasha by Yu Cheng Hong.
- Rage of Bahamut: Angel Bane by Yu Cheng Hong.
- Ars Goetia: Hagenti by Yu Cheng Hong.
- mystery plain by Kood.
- krahoom by Kood.
- A Team by Kood.
- lotinat by Kood.
- Scene Crion Battleship by jung park.
- Rage of Bahamut: Imperial guard Lv1-3 by Melodyoflost aka Rui Li.
More Fun Stuff
- A Treasury of Rare and Weird Star Wars Posters From Around the World.
- Hevelin Collection is a Tumblr blog that unpacks and sorts the James L. “Rusty” Hevelin Collection of pulps, fanzines, convention materials, and science fiction books spanning 1930s-2010s, now part of the University of Iowa Special Collections & University Archives. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Podcast: Dead Robots’ Society – Episode 303: Interview With Tyler Palmer Of Patreon.
- Podcast: Boars, Gore, and Swords – Episode 129: Please, Please, Don’t Kill Me! The Game of Thrones Game Show, Season 3 Edition.
- Podcast: Beware the Hairy Mando – Episode 200: Special video episode.
- Trailer: Jodorowsky’s Dune. It’s a documentary about Alejandro Jodorowsky’s failed attempt to adapt Dune into a movie.