Spectrum Fantastic Art Live 3 (SFAL) will be held the weekend of May 9-11, 2014, in Kansas City Missouri. SFAL will feature some 200 artists who work in a variety of mediums creating art that falls in the realm of the fantastic. In addition to providing the opportunity for fans to interact with artists and buy great art, SFAL provides the opportunity for budding artists to have their portfolios reviewed by creative directors from some of the prominent SFF publishing houses (including Tor and Orbit) and attend educational opportunities held during the weekend.
The Illustration Academy is offering some tremendously valuable prizes for young people in high school and those continuing education artists aged 18 and above.
The Illustration Academy (TIA) will consider a portfolio of 6 to 10 images. The images may be of a traditional or digital medium.
The contest will be judged separately in the following age groups:
- Currently enrolled High School students
- Continuing Education students who hold a High School diploma, or who are at least 18 years of age
The prizes for the High School category are:
- 1st Place: Any 2 of TIA’s 4-Week High School Art Clinics, choice of online or in-person. Offer valid 6/1/2014 through 6/30/2015 ($480 value).
- 2nd Place: Any 1 of TIA’s 4-Week High School Art Clinics, choice of online or in-person. Offer valid 6/1/2014 through 6/30/2015 ($240 value).
Prizes for the Continuing Education category are:
- 1st Place: Full tuition for one person at The Illustration Academy, June 2-27, 2014 ($3,900 value).
- 2nd Place: Full tuition for one person at TIA Three Week Workshop, July 7-25, 2014 ($2,900 value).
The deadline for submitting your work is April 30, 2014.
The winners will be announced at Spectrum Fantastic Art Live 3 May 9-11, 2014.
For more details on the contest and how to submit your work, head on over to the Art Contest page.
For more information about Spectrum Fantastic Art Live 3, visit the SFAL website.
This is a great opportunity and I sincerely encourage you to take advantage by submitting your artwork.