Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- Clarkesworld Magazine #90 – March 2014
- Crossed Genres #15 – March 2014 – Conspiracy
- Subterranean Spring 2014
- @Anotherealm: “The Copper Horse “ by Laura Beasley [Fantasy]
- @Author’s Site: “Wolf” by Vincent Asaro [Dark Fairy Tale]
- Clarkesworld Magazine #90 – March 2014:
- “Human Strandings and the Role of the Xenobiologist by Thoraiya Dyer” by Thoraiya Dyer [Science Fiction]
- “Morrigan in the Sunglare by Seth Dickinson” by Seth Dickinson [Science Fiction]
- “Mountain Ways by Ursula K. Le Guin” by Ursula K. Le Guin [Science Fiction – from 1996]
- “Suteta Mono de wa Nai (Not Easily Thrown Away) by Juliette Wade” by Juliette Wade
- “The Egg Man by Mary Rosenblum” by Mary Rosenblum [Science Fiction – from 2008]
- @Comets and Criminals: “The Well of Mnemosyne” by Igor Teper [Science Fiction – from 2012 – also available in audio]
- Crossed Genres #15 – March 2014 – Conspiracy: [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @GigaNotoSaurus: “One, Two, Three” by Patricia Russo [Contemporary Fantasy – also available as eBook]
- Ideomancer #13.1 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Alpines” by Maya Surya Pillay
- “The Colorless Thief” by Yukimi Ogawa
- “Zen and the Art of an Android Beatdown, Or Cecile Meets a Boxer: A Love Story” by Tochi Onyebuchi
- @Kasma SF: “No Longer a Fragment” by Alexis A. Hunter [Science Fiction]
- Luna Station Quarterly #17 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “A Day at the Beach” by DJ Daniels
- “Fire and Ice” by Cathrin Hagey
- “Gold Dust City 9. The Tunnel” by Evan Mariah Pettit
- “Good Mother” by l.a. james
- “Mission Critical” by Deborah Bailey
- “My Fair Robot” by Mary E. Lowd
- “Papa” by Rebecca Buchanan
- “Scylla in Blue Light” by Sandi Leibowitz
- “Swamp Music” by Carla Girtman
- “The Absence of Feathers” by O.J. Cade
- “The Flock” by Llinos Cathryn Thomas
- “The Woodsman” by Jan Stinchcomb
- “When the Sea is Blue and the Shallows Clear” by Suzanne J. Willis
- “Wide Open Spaces” by Sara Amis
- @Mad Scientist Journal: “The Cure” by James M. Hines [Science Fiction]
- Subterranean Spring 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Bus Fare” by Caitlín R. Kiernan
- “Hath No Fury” by Kat Howard
- “One Dove” by Stephen Gallagher
- “The Burial Of Sir John Mawe At Cassini” by Chaz Brenchley
- “The Days of the War, as Red as Blood, as Dark as Bile” by Aliette de Bodard
- “The Screams of Dragons” by Kelley Armstrong
- “The Traveller and the Book” by Ian R MacLeod
- @The WiFiles: “Salt Water Taffy” by Matt West [Horror]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- @Daily Science Fiction: “Fermentation” by Christopher Kastensmidt [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Every Day Fiction: “Summon the Nine Dancers” by Lynn Love [Surreal Flash]
- Flash Fiction Online March 2014 [Flash Fiction Magazine]
Written – Serialized
- @365 tomorrows: “Conflicted” by Desmond Hussey [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Author’s Site: Vessel by Andrew James Morgan – Chapter 28 [Science Fiction Novel Serialization]
- @HiLobrow: King Goshawk by Eimar O’Duffy – Chapter 10 [Satirical Science Fiction Serialization – from 1926]
- @Comets and Criminals: “The Well of Mnemosyne” by Igor Teper [Science Fiction]
- Every Day Fiction Podcast #159 – “Soul Smuggler” by Lindsay Morgan Lockhart [Fantasy]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod:
- @Relic Radio:
Audio – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Nocturnal by Scott Sigler – Episode #19 [Horror Novel Serialization]
- Drabblecast #313 – The Blue Celeb, Part 2 by Desmond Warzel [Fantasy Serialization]
- The Hole Behind Midnight Episode #13 – “Bodysuit” by [Dark Fantasy Serialization]
- Welcome to Night Vale #42 – “Numbers” by [Fantasy Serial]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights: “The Thing That Stalks the Fields” by David Feuling [Horror Short Story]
Free eBooks – Various Speculative Subgenres
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Aetna Adrift (A Pax Imperium Novel) by Erik Wecks
What do you do when every aspect of life is regulated by a soul-sucking bureaucracy and constant surveillance is the norm?
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel – Amazon]
Anja’s Star (Outer Settlement Agency) by Lyn Brittan
One does not lose a pirate’s spaceship. One could have it ripped away by the captain’s idiot son, Retzi, who used it as collateral in a card game, but one does not lose it. At least, not Anja, not that it matters. If the captain finds out, she’s the one who’ll be held responsible.
[Space Opera Romance Novelette – Amazon | Kobo]
Dog Aliens 1: Raffle’s Name by Cherise Kelley
Clem is a six month old puppy with a secret: he is an alien from outer space!
[Science Fiction Dog Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Emily Reynolds Saga: Book One: Survival by Wilford Tibbetts
Emily is fresh out of the Academy on her first tour of duty. She has a past that her father kept from her, and a future that is closing in fast. Can Emily survive long enough to learn her past and grab hold of her future?
[Military Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
The Battle for the Ringed Planet by Richard Edmond Johnson
Haunted by the death of his best friend, battle weary flight specialist Torian can’t wait to finish his tour with the Confederation 4th Fleet and go home. His final mission, in a two man scout vessel called a Hawkeye, is to investigate what happened on Selunia, a ringed colony planet shrouded in mystery because all the inhabitants perished. It doesn’t go as planned.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel – Amazon]
“The Caretaker” by Jason Gurley
Alice Quayle lives on the space station Argus. She wakes to the sun breaking over Africa. She keeps watch over the experiments. She makes sure the station doesn’t explode. And she’s the only occupant of the space station when the world far below her comes apart in flame.
[Science Fiction / Apocalyptic Short Story – Amazon]
The Forever Gate – Part One by Isaac Hooke
3740 A.D. The ice age has immobilized the world. Colossal walls seal off the cities from the uninhabitable Outside. Humanlike entities called “gols” run society, and force the humans to wear collars that block the innate powers mankind has evolved. One man rises up…
[Science Fantasy Novella – First of Series – Amazon | Kobo]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
The Great Game by D.R. Bell
Chickens came home to roost in September of 2019. After years of patient preparation, a China-led block of countries stages an overnight financial coup to unseat the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency. Fortunes are made and lost in a matter of hours. But some have more far-ranging plans than financial gain.
[Dystopian Thriller Novel – Amazon]
“The Last Rail-Rider” by Jason Gurley
He doesn’t remember the days before the sickness. He only knows the world since it went bad. The empty towns. The rusted-out cars. The corpses, everywhere.
[Post-Apocalyptic Short Story – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Steampunk
Flash Gold (The Flash Gold Chronicles) by Lindsay Buroker
Eighteen-year-old Kali McAlister enters her steam-powered “dogless sled” in a race, intending to win the thousand-dollar prize and escape remote Moose Hollow forever. The problem? Fortune seekers and airship pirates are after her for the secret to flash gold, her late father’s alchemical masterpiece.
[YA Steampunk Novelette – Amazon | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
A Girl and Her Monster (Rune Breaker) by Landon Porter
There is a legend in the world that tells of a weapon sought after by only the most wicked of souls. Passed down through the years since before the coming of the gods, it grants its master the power to conquer and rule. The Rune Breaker.
[Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon | Kobo]
On the Edge of Twilight: 22 Tales to Follow You Home by Gregory Miller
[Contemporary Fantasy Collection – Amazon]
Witch Hunt (The Gryphonpike Chronicles) by Annie Bellet
A mute elven archer known only as Killer. Azyrin, a half Winter-orc shaman and his human swordswoman bride, Makha. Drake, the charming, swashbuckling rogue. The fireball-slinging pixie-goblin, Rahiel, and her mini-unicorn, Bill. These are the Gryphonpike Companions.
[Sword & Sorcery Novella – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
- @GigaNotoSaurus: One, Two, Three by Patricia Russo
[Contemporary Fantasy – EPUB – GigaNotoSaurus]
- @Smashwords: The Darkness Abides (Volume 1) by L Harcroft
When two men come to a land of perpetual darkness designed as an elaborate labyrinth, they begin to realize that their path may be more hazardous than they anticipated.
[Dark Fantasy Short Story – Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Paranormal and Romance
Breaking the Nexus (The Mythrian Realm) by Lindsay Avalon
Demons? Magic? Strange realms filled with mythical creatures? Homicide detective Connor Flynn had no doubt these things existed…in the pages of fictional books.
[Dark Urban Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Nolander (Emanations #1) by Becca Mills
Amateur photographer Beth Ryder is in trouble. She’s taking pictures of things she can’t see, things that aren’t human.
[Urban Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Undead by Morning (Taxi for the Dead Paranormal Mysteries) by Joyce & Jim Lavene
When Nashville Police Officer Skye Mertz wakes up in the hospital after a wreck, doctors don’t expect her to live until morning. Old magic, in the form of Abraham Lincoln Jones, offers another twenty years of life for twenty years of service to him.
[Paranormal Mystery Short Story – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Horror
Silas by Robert J. Duperre
Ken Lowery is a man at odds with his life. That changes when his wife brings home a rambunctious Black Labrador puppy named Silas, who forges a remarkable connection with Ken. When some neighborhood children start to go missing, he takes it upon himself to protect those around him and is thrust into a surreal world where monsters roam. Not everything is what it seems to be, he soon discovers, including his new best friend.
[Supernatural Horror / Thriller Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
The Most Uncommon Cold I – Life in the Time of Zombies by Jeffrey Littorno
Imagine a world in which nothing is as it should be. Our loved ones no longer recognize us. The basic laws of society no longer apply. And the dead do not remain still.
[Zombie Novel – First of Series – Amazon]