SF Signal has 3 copies of Lexicon by Max Barry to give away to 3 lucky US-based SF Signal readers!
Here’s what the book is about:
Few books are greeted with rave reviews everywhere from Time magazine and Salon to Boingboing and io9. Yet, Max Barry’s Lexicon is that rare thing: a thriller as high-octane as they come, driven by a brilliant and original plot that connects very modern questions of privacy and data collection to centuries-old ideas about the power of language.
At an exclusive training school at an undisclosed location outside Washington, D.C., students are taught to control minds, to wield words as weapons. The very best graduate as “poets” and enter a nameless organization of unknown purpose. Recruited off the street, whip-smart Emily Ruff quickly learns the one key rule: never allow another person to truly know you. Emily becomes the school’s most talented prodigy, until she makes the catastrophic mistake of falling in love.
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter “Lexicon“
- Please provide a mailing address in the email so the books can be sent as soon as possible. (The winning address is used only to mail the prize. All other address info will be purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is opne only to residents of the U.S.
- The giveaway will end Monday, March 31st, 2014 (9:00 PM U.S. Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.