Here’s the book description:
The debut collection from multi-award nominated author Andrew J McKiernan brings together 14 of his previously published short stories and novelettes, plus two brand new tales unique to the collection.
Often defying conventions of genre and style, these stories range from fantasy and steampunk to science fiction and horror, but always with an edge sharper than a razor and darker than a night on Neptune.
From the darkly hilarious “All the Clowns in Clowntown” to the heart-breakingly disturbing title story, the collection pulls no punches. Delving deep into what scares us most, McKiernan’s tales are by turns heartfelt and gut-wrenching.
With an Introduction by Will Elliot, Last Year, When We Were Young is a collection of horror and dark fantasy from one of Australia’s finest new authors that should not be missed.
Here’s the table of contents…
- “The Memory of Water”
- “All the Clowns in Clowntown”
- “White Lines, White Crosses”
- “Love Death”
- “The Dumbshow”
- “The Message”
- “Calliope: A Steam Romance”
- “The Final Degustation of Doctor Ernest Blenheim”
- “Torch Song”
- “A Prayer for Lazarus”
- “The Haunting that Jack Built”
- “They Don’t Know That We Know What They Know”
- “The Desert Song”
- “The Wanderer in the Darkness”
- “Last Year, When We Were Young”