Free SF, Fantasy and Horror Fiction for 4/2/2014
Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- Electric Spec #9.1 – March 15, 2014
- Kaleidotrope Spring 2014
- Lightspeed Magazine has a serious piece of speculative literary fiction, “The Legend of RoboNinja”, by RoboNinja, Translated by Brooke Bolander
- Flash Fiction Online April 2014
- Journal of Unlikely Story Acceptances #8.5 – April 1, 2014
- @Anotherealm: “Glass Queen “ by Rachel Japs [Fantasy]
- @Author’s Site: “Perennials” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch [Science Fiction]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights:
- @Comets and Criminals: “Best in Show” by Ian Creasey [Monster Tonic - also available in audio]
- Electric Spec #9.1 – March 15, 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @GigaNotoSaurus: “Three Partitions” by Bogi Takács [Science Fiction - also available as eBook]
- Kaleidotrope Spring 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Kasma SF: “As Dust Rolls Toward the Mountains” by Sarena Ulibarri [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “The Legend of RoboNinja” by RoboNinja, Translated by Brooke Bolander [Completely Serious Science Fiction - also available in audio]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “Bones” by Bones, Translated by Christopher M. Cevasco [Terrifyingly Terrifying Horror - also available in audio]
- @Strange Horizons: “Little Faces” by Vonda N. McIntyre [Science Fiction - from 2005 - also available in audio]
- @The Colored Lens:
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows: “Sunset” by George R. Shirer [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights: “The Guardian Angel” by William Rodgers [Horror Flash - also available as video]
- @Daily Science Fiction: “The Signal” by Spencer Sandoval [Science Fiction Flash]
- Flash Fiction Online April 2014 [Flash Fiction Magazine]
- “I Imagine Myself as Rath Ducha” by Brynn MacNab [Science Fiction Flash]
- “One Last Night at the Carnival Before the Stars Go Out” by Caroline M. Yoachim [Fantasy Flash]
- “Oubliette” by Stewart C. Baker [Science Fiction Flash]
- Journal of Unlikely Story Acceptances #8.5 – April 1, 2014 [Speculative Flash Fiction Magazine of the HIGHEST QUALITY]
Written – Serialized
- @Legend of the Five Rings: “Sins of the Father: Partners” by Robert Denton [Shared World Fantasy Serialization]
- @Comets and Criminals: “Best in Show” by Ian Creasey [Monster Tonic]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “The Legend of RoboNinja” by RoboNinja, Translated by Brooke Bolander [Completely Serious Science Fiction]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “Bones” by Bones, Translated by Christopher M. Cevasco [Terrifyingly Terrifying Horror]
- @Strange Horizons: “Little Faces” by Vonda N. McIntyre [Science Fiction - from 2005]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Relic Radio: Tales Of Tomorrow -“Betelgeuse Bridge” [Science Fiction Radio Drama - from 1953]
Audio – Serialized
- @The Drama Pod: Victory by Lester del Rey: [Science Fiction Serialization - from 1955]
- @Welcome to Night Vale: Episode 44 -“Cookies” [Fantasy Serial]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights:
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Altered States by Paul J. Newell
Psychologists have devised tests to determine whether people can detect lies. The tests are given to policemen, customs officers, trial lawyers and a whole bunch of other professionals who should have a knack for spotting deception. On average they score bang on fifty per cent. No better than chance.
But sometimes, every now and then, someone scores off the charts.
[Technothriller Novel - Amazon]
Messages: Book 1 in the David Chance Series by John Michael Hileman
David Chance can see messages in the sea of words around him, messages that warn him of future events.
[Science Fiction Thriller Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Recovery of a Colony Ship (Colony Ship Eschaton) by John Thornton
Michael and Jamie live in Dome 17. The last place safe for humans, or any life, on a dying earth. They are adventurers who have explored other domes, but everywhere else is dead. Will Dome 17 meet the same fate?
[Post-Apocalyptic Space Opera Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
The Transhumanist Wager by Zoltan Istvan
Exiled from America and reeling from personal tragedy, transhumanist Jethro Knights forges a new nation of willing scientists on the world’s largest seasteading project, Transhumania. When the world declares war against the floating city, demanding an end to its renegade and godless transhuman experiments and ambitions, Knights strikes back, leaving the planet forever changed.
[Science Fiction Novel - Amazon]
Trespassing by Pat Griffith
They live among us. They live within us. As entities made of pure energy, the Elbie must have human hosts to survive on Earth. For some people, being a host is a great benefit. For others, it is a nightmare.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel - Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Amulet (DragonBlade) by Nancy Lee Parish
When Tristan finds an amulet, he has no idea how much his life is about to change. When his amulet awakens the evil of another amulet, long thought lost, it is all of Ranaria that hangs on the brink. The black crystal has stirred. There are those who seek its power and there are those who seek its destruction. There are also those who know its secrets. Even with dragons on his side, is there enough time for Tristan and his companions to stop that which has been unleashed?
[Sword & Sorcery Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Dawning (Black Earth Trilogy, Book 1) by M.S. Verish
He has no name but is known by many. He is a Demon, surrounded by the chaos inherent in his own shadowy nature, and it is the magic of Shadow that is killing him. Unwilling to accept his imminent demise, the nameless Demon embarks on a mission to find the witches who may hold his cure. He discovers the alternative to his death may be a greater price than he is willing to accept, and what is acceptance in a world full of Humans?
[Dark Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
The Key of Amatahns (Argetallam) by Elisabeth Wheatley
Janir had the misfortune of being born with one of the hated Argetallams for a father. But unlike other Argetallam children, she was mostly granted a normal childhood, away from the rest of her family. It looked as if she would live a relatively normal life as the foster-daughter of a powerful lord. Until one critical day Janir’s powers awakened and she became entangled in a young enchanter’s quest for a long-lost treasure called the Key of Amatahns…
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel - Amazon]
Free eBooks – Vampires
Tagged with: Amazon • audio fiction • fiction • free • free ebooks • free fantasy fiction • Free Fiction • free flash fiction • free horror fiction • free science fiction • serialized • serialized fiction
Filed under: Free Fiction
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!