Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- @Author’s Site: “Carnage” by Robert Reed
- Beware the Hairy Mango #204 – “Gastration” by Matthew Sanborn Smith
- @SFFaudio: “Someday” by Isaac Asimov
- @Amazing Stories:
- @Author’s Site: “Carnage” by Robert Reed [Science Fiction / Superhero]
- Escape Pod #443 – “This Is As I Wish To Be Restored” by Christie Yant [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- “Francisca Montoya’s Almanac of Things That Can Kill You” by Shaenon K. Garrity [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- “The Only Death in the City” by C. J. Cherryh [Fantasy]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows: “Off the Menu” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Daily Science Fiction: “How Earth Narrowly Escaped an Invasion From Space” by Alex Shvartsman [Science Fiction Humor Flash]
- @Every Day Fiction: “Rainbow Sparkly Happy Fairy Valley” by Brian J. Hunt [Fantasy Humor Flash]
- @Nature: “The vermilion market” by Preston Grassmann [Science Fiction Flash]
Written – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Post Human (Book One) by Vincent Asaro – Chapter 3 [Science Fantasy Novel Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Post Human (Book One) by Vincent Asaro – Chapter 4 [Science Fantasy Novel Serialization]
- 19 Nocturne Boulevard Atomic Julie’s Galactic Bedtime Stories #26: “Star Performer” by Robert J. Shea [Science Fiction – from 1960]
- @BBC Drama of the Week: “Bring Her Back” [Dystopian Thriller]
- Beware the Hairy Mango #204 – “Gastration” by Matthew Sanborn Smith [Mango-related Medical Intervention]
- #320 -“Half a Conversation, Overheard While Inside An Enormous Sentient Slug” by Oliver Buckram [Science Fiction]
- #321 -“The Goat Cutter” by Jay Lake [Horror]
- Escape Pod #443 – “This Is As I Wish To Be Restored” by Christie Yant [Science Fiction]
- Every Photo Tells… #144 – “Spiked” by Harris Tobias [Horror]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “Francisca Montoya’s Almanac of Things That Can Kill You” by Shaenon K. Garrity [Science Fiction]
- Protecting Project Pulp #89 – “Forbidden Fruit” by Kris Neville [Science Fiction – from 1950]
- @Tales To Terrify:
- #118 -“A Sly and Knowing Grin” by Arthur Davis [Horror]
- #119 -“Here Kitty” by Edward Ahern and “The Song that Tarabeth Loved” by Jeff Clayton Wright [Horror]
- The Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine #157 – “Surfer Dudes From Outer Space” by Clay Dugger [Science Fiction]
- @Toasted Cake:
- #102 -“Glass Future” by Deborah Walker [Science Fiction]
- #103 -“Prophetic Lobster Man” by Cat Rambo and “When There’s A Will” by Brian K. Lowe [Science Fiction]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod:
- Author’s Playhouse -“The Inexperienced Ghost” [Supernatural Radio Drama – from 1944]
- Beyond Midnight -“The Signalman” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1967]
- Creaking Door -“The Vagrant” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1964]
- Dark Fantasy -“I Am Your Brother” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1942]
- Dimension X -“The Embassy” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1950]
- Inner Sanctum Mysteries -“The Silent Hands” [Supernatural Mystery Radio Drama – from 1944]
- Sleep No More -“Over The Hill” and “The Man In The Black Hat” [Horror / Suspense Radio Dramas – from 1956]
- Space Patrol -“The Sleepwalker” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1953]
- The Diary Of Fate -“Nelson Walker” [Horror / Suspense Radio Drama – from 1948]
- The Haunting Hour -“Death By Request” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1945]
- The Witch’s Tale -“The Bronze Venus” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1935]
- Vanishing Point -“Closing Night” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1986]
- X Minus One -“Point Of Departure” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1957]
- @Relic Radio:
- CBS Radio Mystery Theater -“The Storm Breeder” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1975]
- Dark Fantasy -“The Curse Of The Neanderthal” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1942]
- Murder At Midnight -“Death’s Goblet” [Weird / Horror Radio Drama – from 1946]
- SF ’68 -“Grenville’s Planet” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1968]
- The Haunting Hour -“Breakdown” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1945]
- The Weird Circle -“The Burial Of Roger Malvin” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1944]
Audio – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Nocturnal by Scott Sigler – Episode #25 [Horror Novel Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Nocturnal by Scott Sigler – Episode #26 [Horror Novel Serialization]
- @Beam Me Up! Podcast:
- Escape Pod #442b – Eater of Bone, Part 2 of 2 by Robert Reed [Science Fiction Serialization]
- @Journey Into…: #95 – Journey Into Space: Operation Luna by : [Science Fiction Serialization]
- The Hole Behind Midnight Episode #16 – “Busted” by [Dark Fantasy Serialization]
- Welcome to Night Vale Episode #45 – “A Story About Them” by [Fantasy Serial]
- @SFFaudio: “Someday” by Isaac Asimov [Science Fiction – from 1956 – also available as PDF]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Linear Shift, Part 1 by Paul B Kohler
No one said time travel would be easy.
Peter Cooper, a widowed father of two whose life is crumbling around him—until a bizarre encounter with a desperate Army general launches him on a risky mission: to go back to 1942 and change a moment in time. The repercussions will almost certainly alter the conclusion of World War II. But will the ripple effects stop there? And what kind of life will Peter return to?
[Time Travel Serial – First Episode – Amazon]
Omega Children by Mike Slade
Former military officer Alison Blair finds herself thrust in with scientists and engineers creating the worlds first truly Synthetic Intelligence.
[Science Fiction Novel – Amazon]
The Drake Equation: Discovery of the Saiph: Book 1 by PP Corcoran
The world is changing around them. They must adjust or face extinction. The Terran Republic must evolve – they must challenge their scientists to sustain life. Finally, technology emerges and Earth interacts with planet’s outside it’s own Solar System. Captain David Catney’s lead’s mankind’s maiden voyage to an extinct planet. Submerged within lies enlightenment.
Man is not alone.
[Military Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
The Trilisk Ruins (Parker Interstellar Travels) by Michael McCloskey
Telisa Relachik studied to be a xenoarchaeologist in a future where humans have found alien artifacts but haven’t ever encountered live aliens. Of all the aliens whose extinct civilizations are investigated, the Trilisks are the most advanced and the most mysterious.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction – Young Adult
Sky (Book 1) by R.E. Palmer
Teenager Tomas Moone thinks he may be losing his mind. For years, he has shared a secret, ethereal romance with a girl from his dreams he calls Sky. But Tomas is heart-broken when Sky suddenly disappears and Selene, a dark, mysterious woman appears in her place. Selene takes him to distant, alien worlds while he sleeps, promising power and immortality. But Tomas dearly misses Sky and he longs to see her again.
[YA Science Fiction Romance Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian – Young Adult
The Covert Academy by Peter Laurent
In the late 21st Century, the world’s governments have collapsed and mob rule sweeps the planet. A group of so-called experts, known as the Confederacy, assume control. When they unleash thousands of unmanned killing machines on the rioters, the conflict ends, yet the majority of the populace remain destitute under the watchful eye of the drones.
Twenty years pass. Joshua has grown up on the now ruined streets of Chicago…
[YA Dystopian Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Steampunk
The Tinkerer’s Daughter by Jamie Sedgwick
Breeze is an outcast, a half-breed orphan born into a world torn apart by a thousand years of war. Breeze never knew her elven mother, and when her human father is recalled to the war, he leaves her in the safest place he knows: in the care of a reclusive tinker.
[Steampunk Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Task Force: Gaea — Finding Balance by David Berger
During the age of Olympos, when a vengeful goddess shatters the Sacred Scales, both immortals and humans alike suffer.
[Mythological Fantasy Adventure Novel – Amazon]
The False Prince (Fall Of A King) by James Fuller
Meath, a young apprentice to the formidable wizard, Ursa, escapes certain death while a freshly united Kingdom is held captive by a false Prince. In hope of relaying the truth of the usurper who now threatens the throne, Meath embarks on a dangerous journey with the true heiress, Nicolette, in an attempt to reach her Uncle before they too are entangled in the lie that has wound itself deep into the lands.
[Epic Fantasy Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Core by Teshelle Combs
Cale can’t lie.
If only he could lie to the girl with the hard eyes and clenched fists, if only he could twist the truth, maybe he’d win her trust. But Cale can’t lie. And the only way to get ‘her’ is to tell her exactly what he is.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – Amazon]