Free SF, Fantasy and Horror Fiction for 4/26/2014
Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- Far Fetched Fables debuts!
- @Amazing Stories:
- @Buzzy Mag: “Synchronicity” by Paul Levinson [Science Fiction]
- @Daily Science Fiction: “The Astrologer’s Telling” by Therese Arkenberg [Apocalyptic]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “It Was Never the Fire” by Martin Cahill [Horror – also available in audio]
- @Tor: “The End of the End of Everything” by Dale Bailey [Science Fiction / Horror]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Every Day Fiction: “The Unicorn Migration” by Rebecca Roland [Horror Flash]
- @Nature: “Pop-ups” by Robert Dawson [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Weirdyear: “Kiss the Goat SEO” by MP Johnson [Weird Flash]
Written – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: The Greenland Diaries by Patrick Marsh – Day 129 [Post-Apocalyptic Serialization]
- @HiLobrow: King Goshawk by Eimar O’Duffy – Chapter 17 [Satirical Science Fiction Serialization – from 1926]
- @Robot and Raygun: Wefting the Warp by Mark Webb – Part 3 [Science Fiction Serialization]
- @19 Nocturne Boulevard:Atomic Julie’s Galactic Bedtime Stories #27 – “The Love of Frank Nineteen” by David C. Knight [Science Fiction – from 1957]
- Drabblecast #322 – “The Carnival Was Eaten, All Except the Clown” by Caroline M. Yoachim [Weird Fantasy]
- Far Fetched Fables #1 – “To Measure the Earth” by Jedediah Berry and “For the Love of Paul Bunyan” by Fritz Swanson by [Fantasy]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “It Was Never the Fire” by Martin Cahill [Horror]
- @SFFaudio: “The Fun They Had” by Isaac Asimov [Science Fiction – from 1954 – also available as PDF]
- Tales To Terrify #120 – Bram Stoker Award Show No 1 – “Snapshot” by Patrick Freivald and “Code 666″ by Michael Reaves by [Horror]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod: 2000 Plus -“The Flying Saucers” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1950]
- @Relic Radio:
Audio – Serialized
- Journey Into… #99 – Journey Into Space: Operation Luna by [Science Fiction Serialization]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Exodus: Empires at War: Book 1 by Doug Dandridge
When the human race faces extermination at the hands of an expanding species the last survivors travel a thousand years to reestablish the race ten thousands light years away. It is now a thousand years after the birth of the New Terran Empire. The race has aggressively expanded during that time, with a fleet that has never lost a war against an alien species. But the signs are there, the old enemy is back, and the Fleet will face its greatest challenge in a foe fifty times their size.
[Military Science Ficiton – First of Series – Amazon]
“The One-World Computer” by Brendan Verville
When a supercomputer that’s smarter than all of humans combined runs the world we get a world full of order and peace.
Or at least it seems that way.
[Science Fiction Short Story – Amazon]
Zero Point (The Union Chronicles) by Abraham Thornton
At the edge of the Planetary Union, Volya Frye, a desperate salvage operator in need of some good news, makes a curious discovery: a derelict vessel with no indication of origin and signs of foul play. What’s more, the ship itself shouldn’t exist, at least according to what Frye knows about interstellar travel.
[Hard Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
2020: Episode 1 (The Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Series) by Paul Moxham
Follow Logan and his brother Kenneth as they meet an ex-army fellow who has now turned survivalist and get involved in a dangerous and deadly quest to rescue a young girl who is trapped in San Francisco, which is now under the control of ruthless gangs.
[Post-Apocalyptic Serial – First Episode – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Cyberpunk
Cargo Lock 5 by N.R. Burnette
Amid New Seattle City’s post-war recovery, Detective Taylor, a self-absorbed man on his way to the top, is hurled into a spree of bizarre murders. Despite his best efforts the city boils in chaos while a mysterious killer strikes at will. In his rise to the top, Taylor discovers a terrible secret that the city’s most powerful men will do anything to keep hidden.
[Cyberpunk Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Revelations: The Merlin Chronicles Book One by Daniel Diehl
Merlin the Magician only exists in myth and legend – at least that’s what archaeology student Jason Carpenter thought until he discovered the mysterious orb that had housed history’s greatest wizard for 1,600 years.
Forced into an uneasy alliance, Jason and Merlin are sucked into a web of deceit, intrigue and murder that sends them on a chaotic race to outwit, and out run, Merlin’s ancient nemesis, the evil sorceress Morgana le Fay, her gang of drug smugglers and a 500 year-old Chinese necromancer. Tis a race against time to complete their quest before an army of dragons are unleashed on a vulnerable and unsuspecting 21st century world.
[Arthurian Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
A Place Beyond The Map by Samuel Thews
Once in a very long while, betwixt and between the humdrum of everydayness, something magical happens: life gives us a fairy tale. Sometimes it begins with a door; sometimes by following a peculiar cottontail down his hole. For Phinnegan Qwyk, it begins with a chilly November night, two wet footprints and Periwinkle Lark.
[YA Fantasy Novel – Amazon]
Tagged with: audio fiction • fiction • free • free ebooks • free fantasy fiction • Free Fiction • free flash fiction • free horror fiction • free science fiction • mazon • serialized • serialized fiction
Filed under: Free Fiction
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!