Table of Contents: BLESS YOUR MECHANICAL HEART Edited by Jennifer Brozek
Here’s the book description and table of contents for Jennifer Brozek’s new anthology Bless Your Mechanical Heart…
“Bless your mechanical heart…”
Since its earliest days, science fiction has explored the notion of a walking, talking, thinking machine, reflecting back our own humanity through their glass eyes, exploring their own humanity framed in the symmetry of programming and gears, trapped in a cage of synthetic flesh and metal bone. What happens when what we’ve made in our own image becomes more like us than we ever imagined? Robots in love. Robots at war. Robots who weep and dream. Robots who aspire to be on equal footing with their makers…or even possibly exceed us.
In Bless Your Mechanical Heart, Award-winning editor Jennifer Brozek brings together a team of writers, both new and established, to explore one of the most enduring archetypes in the science fiction genre with a tip of the hat to one of the most endearing and versatile phrases in Southern culture. Featuring stories by Peter Clines, Jody Lynn Nye, Seanan McGuire, Fiona Patton, Jean Rabe, Ken Scholes, and Lucy A. Snyder.
- “The Lambs” by Seanan McGuire
- “The King’s Own” by Fiona Patton
- “The Strange Architecture of the Heart” by Lucy A. Snyder
- “Thirty-Two, Twenty-Three” by Jean Rabe
- “Just Another Day in the Butterfly War” by M. Todd Gallowglas
- Ever You” by Mae Empson
- “Rest in Peace” by Sarah Hans
- “Seeds of Devotion” by Dylan Birtolo
- “The Imperial Companion” by Lillian Cohen-Moore
- “In So Many Words” by Christopher Kellen
- “We Eat the Hearts that Come for You” by Jason Sanford
- “Do Robotic Cats Purr In Space?” by Kerrie Hughes
- “AIDEd” by Minerva Zimmerman
- “The Body as a Ship” by Mark Andrew Edwards
- “Of Metal Men and Scarlet Thread and Dancing with the Sunrise” by Ken Scholes
- “Lost Connections” by Jody Lynn Nye
- “The Apocrypha of Gamma-202″ by Peter Clines
Bless Your Mechanical Heart (Kindle Locations 25-38). Evil Girlfriend Media.
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!