Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- Galaxy’s Edge May 2014
- Perihelion April 2014
- An interactive science fiction adventure (in PDF): Trapped in Time by Simon Christiansen
- @Amazing Stories: “I, Rocket” by Ray Bradbury [Science Fiction – from 1944]
- @Author’s Site: “Game Testing” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch [Fantasy]
- @Buzzy Mag: “Spirit In Flight” by Michaele Jordan [Urban Fantasy]
- @Comets and Criminals: “The Equation in the Mirror” by Therese Arkenberg [Science Fiction]
- @Daily Science Fiction: “The Last Repairman” by Dave Beynon [Apocalyptic]
- Galaxy’s Edge May 2014 [Science Fiction Magazine]
- “Air and Water” by Robin Reed
- “Do You Remember Michael Jones?” by Nancy Kress
- “Doubt” by Alex Shvartsman
- “Fragmented “ by Andrew Liptak
- “Icarus at Noon” by Eric Leif Davin
- “Millennium Babies” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch [from 2000]
- “Pocket Full of Mumbles” by Tina Gower
- “Part 2″
- “The Giving Plague “ by David Brin [from 1987]
- “To See the Invisible Man “ by Robert Silverberg [from 1963]
- “Upright, Unlocked” by Tom Gerencer
- @Nightmare Magazine: “This is the Way I Die” by Damien Angelica Walters [Horror – also available in audio]
- Perihelion April 2014 [Science Fiction Magazine]
- “Athenry” by Nathaniel Heely
- “Dancing in the Black Blizzard” by Devin Miller
- “Don’t Think Twice” by Jack Ryan
- “Hard Passage” by Holly Schofield
- “In Therapy With an Alien Cabdriver” by John Skylar
- “Mapping in the Darkness” by Siobhan Gallagher
- “Noise” by Linda A.B. Davis
- “Perfection” by Michael McGlade
- “Their Trailing Skies for Vestment” by Joseph Green and Shelby Vick
- “Two in the Hand” by Jeff Samson
- @Tor: “Among the Thorns” by Veronica Schanoes [Dark Historical Fantasy]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Every Day Fiction:
- @Farther Stars Than These: “Dear Wife” by David Castlewitz [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Nature: “Killstealer” by Alter S. Reiss [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Weirdyear: “Revolting Characters “ by Adam Mac [Weird Flash]
Written – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: The Greenland Diaries by Patrick Marsh – Day 131 [Post-Apocalyptic Serialization]
- @Galaxy’s Edge: Lest Darkness Fall by L. Sprague de Camp – Part 2 [Science Fiction Novel – from 1941]
- @HiLobrow: King Goshawk by Eimar O’Duffy – Chapter 19 [Satirical Science Fiction Serialization – from 1926]
- @Paizo: Boar and Rabbit by James L. Sutter – Chapter Two: Child of the Horse King [Shared World Fantasy Serialization]
- @Beware the Hairy Mango:
- @Nightmare Magazine: “This is the Way I Die” by Damien Angelica Walters [Horror]
- Pseudopod #385 – Flash on the Borderlands XX: Community by [Horror Flash Fiction]
- Tales To Terrify #122 – Bram Stoker Award Show No 3 – “The Geminis” by John Palisano and “Night Train to Paris” by David Gerrold by [Horror]
- The Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine #158 – “Fatherly Pride” by Rish Outfield [Fantasy Comedy]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod:
- @Relic Radio: The Hermit’s Cave –“The Nameless” [Horror Radio Drama – from c. 1940]
Audio – Serialized
- Adventures in Space Episode #1 – “Hello Universe” by [Science Fiction Adventure Serial]
- Beam Me Up! Podcast #405 by [Science Fiction]
- Journey Into… #103 – Journey Into Space: Operation Luna by [Science Fiction Serialization]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Anja’s Star (Outer Settlement Agency) by Lyn Brittan
One does not lose a pirate’s spaceship. One could have it ripped away by the captain’s idiot son, Retzi, who used it as collateral in a card game, but one does not lose it. At least, not Anja, not that it matters. If the captain finds out, she’s the one who’ll be held responsible.
[Space Opera Romance Novelette – Amazon | Kobo]
The Forever Gate – Part One by Isaac Hooke
3740 A.D. The ice age has immobilized the world. Colossal walls seal off the cities from the uninhabitable Outside. Humanlike entities called “gols” run society, and force the humans to wear collars that block the innate powers mankind has evolved. One man rises up…
[Science Fantasy Novella – First of Series – Amazon | Kobo]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian – Young Adult
Children of the After: Awakening (Book 1) by Jeremy Laszlo
Thrust into the remains of the world they remember, how will they survive on their own, not knowing what or who else remains amongst the ruins?
[YA Post-Apocalyptic Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Steampunk
Boy Mercury – An Antebellum Adventure: Episode One: The Welding by David Macinnis Gill
A brilliant and heroic Confederate general lies on his deathbed, mortally wounded.
A young man with a special talent: his tears can bind machines to the human body.
A doctor whose career hinges on saving the general’s life.
A nurse with devious plans of her own.
And a ruthless officer whose blind ambition can make his the most powerful man in the country–and destroy all of their lives.
[Steampunk / Alternate History Serial – First Episode – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Flash Gold (The Flash Gold Chronicles) by Lindsay Buroker
Eighteen-year-old Kali McAlister enters her steam-powered “dogless sled” in a race, intending to win the thousand-dollar prize and escape remote Moose Hollow forever. The problem? Fortune seekers and airship pirates are after her for the secret to flash gold, her late father’s alchemical masterpiece.
[YA Steampunk Novelette – Amazon | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
All Fall Down (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms) by Christine Pope
Healer Merys Thranion has been trained to fight disease and wage war against ignorance. Her training comes to the ultimate test when she is captured by slave traders from a neighboring country and brought to the estate of Lord Shaine of Donnishold. Her task is to heal the brooding lord’s injured daughter, but that is only the first of her trials.
[Medieval Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon | Kobo]
Setting Boundaries (The Coming Storm) by Valerie Douglas
After centuries of war an uneasy peace has finally been negotiated between Elves, Dwarves and Men, thanks to Elon of Aerilann, Elven councilor to the High King of Men. One final task remains, one last bone of contention – to set the boundaries between their lands. It’s a task that will be easier said than done. Although all of the lesser Kings signed the Alliance, not all of them wish to see it succeed and some are willing to oppose it. Violently.
[Arthurian Fantasy Novella – Prequel to Series – Amazon]
The Road To The King: The Tale of Joseph Asher (Kingdom Series) by Steven Styles
In a vast, island nation–lying alone in the Great Sea between the East and West–prosperity and peace dwelt from one shore to the other. From its high rocky peaks to the North to the swamps and cliffs of the South–and all great forests, small villages and bustling towns in between–the citizens of The Kingdom live and work in safety.
[Sword & Socery Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Superhero
Starbright (Starbright Book One) by Rachel Higginson
Stella Day must save the world and fight evil in true superhero-like fashion. She is a Star, assigned to Earth in order to push back the aggressive Darkness that threatens to destroy the only home she’s ever known. Torn between the Counterpart she is destined to be with and the human boy she’s loved her entire life, she battles Fallen Angels, her heart and high school all at the same time.
[Superhero Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Life Among the Dead by David Cotton
There are over a million people in the city of Waterloo. Today, most of them have died, and now they are hungry. Corporal Dan Williamson is caught in the middle of the outbreak. He is desperately trying to reach his wife who is somewhere amid the urban decay. There are other souls out there, other tales of survival among the horror. Dan will soon learn that the living may prove to be an even bigger threat than the dead.
[Zombie Novel – Amazon]