Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- Escape Pod #446 – “The Way of the Needle” by Derek Künsken [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- @Hogglepot: “The Package Arrived on June 17th” by Dylan Larson-Harsch [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- @Mad Scientist Journal: “Audio Recording 5024″ by Christine Layton [Science Fiction]
- Quantum Fairy Tales #7 – Spring 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Robot and Raygun: “A New Man” by Gunnar De Winter [Science Fiction Adventure]
- @The Colored Lens: “Cuts” by Michael Carter [Dystopian Science Fiction]
- @The WiFiles: “The Seer” by Chuck Robertson [Dark Fantasy]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Every Day Fiction: “A Fresh Start” by Rob Butler [Paranormal Humor Flash]
- @Beware the Hairy Mango by Matthew Sanborn Smith: [MuchoMangoMayo]
- @Campfire Radio Theater: “The Philadelphia Xperiment” [Horror]
- Cast of Wonders #124 – “Old People Rules” by Holly Schofield [YA Near-Future Science Fiction]
- Escape Pod #446 – “The Way of the Needle” by Derek Künsken [Science Fiction]
- Every Day Fiction Podcast #169 – “Gandolo of the Watchful Eye” by Bill Ward [Fantasy]
- Far Fetched Fables #4 – “The Teashop” by Zoran Zivkovic and “Bamboozled” by Kelley Armstrong [Fantasy]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “Second Hand” by Rajan Khanna [Historical Fantasy]
- Toasted Cake #106 – “The Pocket Watch Prince” by LiAnn Yim [Fantasy]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod:
- @Relic Radio:
- CBS Radio Mystery Theater –“The Church Of Hell” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1978]
- “Stranger In The House by The Mysterious Traveler” by RelicRadio [Weird Radio Drama – from 1952]
Audio – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Nocturnal by Scott Sigler – Episode #29 [Horror Novel Serialization]
- Beam Me Up! Podcast #406 by [Science Fiction]
- Protecting Project Pulp #92 – Black Amazon of Mars by Leigh Brackett [Science Fantasy Adventure – from 1951]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
A.I. Apocalypse (Singularity Series) by William Hertling
Leon Tsarev is a high school student set on getting into a great college program, until his uncle, a member of the Russian mob, coerces him into developing a new computer virus for the mob’s botnet – the slave army of computers they used to commit digital crimes.
[Technothriller Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Below Mercury by Mark Anson
Mercury – closest planet to the Sun. In the permanent darkness of Chao Meng-fu crater lie vast fields of ice that that have never seen the Sun, and the ruins of Erebus Mine, abandoned and forgotten after a devastating explosion that claimed the lives of 257 people. After an eight-year legal battle, the relatives of the victims have finally succeeded in forcing the Space Accidents Board to reopen its investigation. Matt Crawford, a mine engineer who escaped the disaster, joins a team sent back to the mine to discover the true cause of the accident. The team is led by Clare Foster, a pilot in the U.S. Astronautics Corps, who has taken on the mission in the hope of rebuilding her career after a near-miss incident.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian – Young Adult
Flotilla by Daniel Haight
Jim is a slacker teen alcoholic who leaves rehab to start life aboard a seasteading community. It’s a floating city filled with strange and dangerous characters who work at farming edible fish and other enterprises…
[YA Dystopian Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Steampunk
Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices) by Shelley Adina
At 17, Claire Trevelyan, daughter of Viscount St. Ives, was expected to do nothing more than pour an elegant cup of tea, sew a fine seam, and catch a rich husband. Unfortunately, Claire’s talents lie not in the ballroom, but in the chemistry lab, where things have a regrettable habit of blowing up. When her father gambles the estate on the combustion engine and loses, Claire finds herself down and out on the mean streets of London. But being a young woman of resources and intellect, she turns fortune on its head. It’s not long before a new leader rises in the underworld, known only as the Lady of Devices.
[Steampunk Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
A Ranger’s Tale: Tallenmere, Book One by Mysti Parker
In the high elf city of Leogard, an elven noblewoman longs to leave her gilded cage. A half-breed former pirate wants nothing more than to escape his guilty past. Easier said than done…
[High Fantasy Romance Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Bound by Prophecy (Descendants Series) by Melissa Wright
Aern’s only job is to protect the chosen. The trouble is, she’s the key to a prophecy and everyone wants her. Hiding a girl in the center of a secret war is tricky business, but when her sister shows up to take Aern hostage, all bets are off.
[Urban Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Cameo the Assassin (Trilogy of Shadows Book 1) by Dawn McCullough-White
The Kingdom of Sieunes is rife with taverns, dirty streets, and clay pipe smoking citizens all toiling to feed their families and keep themselves in something little better than rags. With a foiled revolution just ten years prior still burning in the hearts of many, the royals enlist the aid of assassins to keep things in order.
[Medieval Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
The Dragon’s Champion by Sam Ferguson
In the middle of his arduous training in Kuldiga Academy, Erik Lokton discovers that he is destined to become more than a mere knight. His inexperienced eyes are forced open as demons and evil creatures that had previously only haunted his nightmares awaken, and old feuds boil to the surface once more.
[YA Fantasy Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Out Of Darkness (Book 1 of 3 in The Starborn Saga) by Jason D. Morrow
It has been sixty years since society as we know it was destroyed. People are forced to band together in isolated villages to hide from the predatory greyskins—the once humans that will eat anything that moves. But sometimes, hiding isn’t enough.
[YA Zombie Novel – First of Series – Amazon]