SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-05-23
Interviews & Profiles
- Layers of Thought interviews Ronlyn Domingue.
- Deborah J. Ross interviews Rachel Manija Brown.
- Literary Escapism has a video interview with Darynda Jones.
- Redditors interview C. Robert Cargill.
- Stanford Panel Discussion on the Future of the Book, with Ed Finn, Eileen Gunn, David Rothenberg, Mark Algee-Hewitt, and Dan Gillmor.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Scott Kenemore.
- M.L. Brennan announces fourth book in her Generation V series.
- Enigma Bookstore Is Closing This June.
- Alliteration Ink is now offering free eBooks with all purchases of print books.
Events & Event News
- May 27, 2014: Astronomy Live – The Sci-Fi Universe with Brian Levine and Christina Pease. [via Andrew Porter]
- June 18th: As part of the Fantastic Fiction free reading series, Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel present Paul Witcover & Eileen Gunn on June 18th, 7pm at KGB Bar in NYC.
- July 4- 5: Barbican – Neil Gaiman reading: The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains.
- November 2 -9: Zombie Cruise! With Jonathan Maberry, Mark Tufo, Megan Presta, Shallyn Bodnar, Kelly Smith, Greg Wymer, Lisa and Johnson.
- Ellen Datlow’s Photos from May 21st KGB with Laird Barron and Paul Tremblay.
- Gail Z. Martin on Epic-Urban Whiplash.
- Sarah Cawkwell asks So What’s the Alternative?
- Lauren Skidmore on My Favorite Bit: What is Hidden.
- Jon Sprunk asks How Much Backstory Do We Really Need?
- Steven S. Drachman on The Big Idea.
- Kirkus Reviews Blog (Andrew Liptak) on L. Frank Baum’s Wonderful Land of Oz.
- Colin F. Barnes on The Story Behind SALT: A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller.
- Darren Slade on Setting the Tone for Superhero Movies.
- Sarah Chorn reviews Veil of the Deserters by Jeff Salyards.
- Ria Bridges on The Melancholy of Mechagirl by Catherynne M Valente.
- Carl V. Anderson on Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden’s Syndrome by John Scalzi.
- The AudioBookaneers (Dave Thompson) on Afterparty by Daryl Gregory, performed by Tavia Gilbert.
- Release Week at The AudioBookaneers with Monica Byrne’s The Girl in the Road, Stephen Baker’s The Boost, and Hartley and Hewson’s Hamlet, read by Richard Armitage.
- NYTimes on Writers Feel an Amazon-Hachette Spat. (Thanks, Kristin!)
- Book Riot asks Why the Apocalypse? : Patient Zero Gone Missing. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- SciFiNow on David S Goyer’s She-Hulk rant is a slap in the face.
- Geek Art Gallery: Nikonov Aleksandr.
- Geek Art Gallery: Artist: Andree Wallin.
- Geek Art Gallery: Robert Chew.
- Deadpool vs. Wolverine By Dan Mora.
- Spaceship paintings by David Demaret.
More Fun Stuff
- Child of a Hidden Sea (Excerpt) by A.M. Dellamonica.
- Koko Takes a Holiday (Excerpt) by Kieran Shea.
- Lock In by John Scalzi: Chapter 2 by John Scalzi.
- A Sinister First Look At Mark Lawrence’s Brand New Fantasy Trilogy.
- Excerpt & Giveaway: Glaze by Kim Curran.
- Excerpt: “The Fey of Cloudmoor” by Terry Brooks.
- DAW Books Discussion: Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire.
- Early Superwoman Iconography.
- A Handy Infographic Guide to the Past 50 Years of the X-Men.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a LucasArts point and click adventure game.
- Beware the Hairy Mango #227 – “Gettin’ a Little Tail” by Matthew Sanborn Smith.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!