The Best Podcast Fiction of All Time (#31 – #40)
This is my second installment of my Best Podcast Fiction of All Time List, covering #31-40. You can find #41-50 here. The list is picked from thousands of episodes of the backlog of seventeen short fiction podcasts. There are many more episodes that I love, but these are the cream of the cream of the cream. All of the stories on this list are ones for which I have epic love, so it was a matter of trying to rank them based on fine gradations of that epic love.
Please comment, follow along, share this list with your friends.
- “Suicide Notes, Written by an Alien Mind” by Ferrett Steinmetz (Pseudopod) – In which we fight aliens that can tinker with our minds.
- “Babel Probe” by David D. Levine (Drabblecast) – In which we send a drone back in time to find out the truth about the Tower of Babel.
- “The People of Sand and Slag” by Paolo Bacigalupi (Drabblecast) – In which invincible post-humans meet a dog.
- “Jagannath” by Karin Tidbeck (Drabblecast) – In which we are the organs of a giant creature.
- “Death Comes But Twice” by Mary Robinette Kowal (Drabblecast) – In which we find an elixir of immortality–what could go wrong?
- “Phalloon the Illimitable” by Matthew Hughes (Lightspeed) – In which wizards brace themselves for a power struggle at the end of an age of technology.
- “Red Road” by David Barr Kirtley (Journey Into…) – In which anthropomorphic mice go on a quest to slay a monster.
- “The Murmurous Paleoscope” by Dixon Chance (Pseudopod) – In which steampunk archaeologists find something unexpected.
- “The Association of the Dead” by Rahul Kanakia (Clarkesworld) – In which we find out just how wrong an insurance plan guaranteeing your body’s resurrection can go.
- “Messenger” by Julia M. Sidorova (Clarkesworld) – In which we learn the truth about Mary.
I’ll be back in two weeks with the third installment of the list, the midpoint, covering stories 21-30. The best is yet to come!
Tagged with: best of • Clarkesworld • David Barr Kirtley • David D. Levine • David Steffen • Dixon Chance • Drabblecast • Ferrett Steinmetz • fiction podcast • John Joseph Adams • Journey Into... • Julia M. Sidorova • Karen Tidbeck • Lightspeed • Mary Robinette Kowal • Matthew Hughes • Neil Clarke • Norm Sherman • Paolo Bacigalupi • podcast • podcast fiction • Pseudopod • Rahul Kanakia • Shawn Garrett
Filed under: Free Fiction
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!