- Sister Mine by Nalo Hopkinson (Grand Central Publishing)
- River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay (Penguin Group Canada)
- This Strange Way of Dying by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Exile Editions)
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki (Penguin Group Canada)
- The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper (Simon & Schuster)
- Sorrow’s Knot by Erin Bow (Scholastic Inc.)
- The Cats of Tanglewood Forest by Charles de Lint (Little Brown Books)
- Homeland by Cory Doctorow (Tom Doherty Associates)
- The Path of Names by Ari Goelman (Scholastic Inc.)
- Urgle by Meaghan McIsaac (Cormorant Books)
- The n-Body Problem by Tony Burgess (Chizine Publications)
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton (McClelland & Stewart)
- The Oathbreaker’s Shadow by Amy McCulloch (Doubleday Canada)
- Wild Fell by Michael Rowe (Chizine Publications)
- Beyond the Rift by Peter Watts (Tachyon Publications)
The awards will be presented in the fall of 2014.
The jurors for the 2014 award are: Camille Alexa, Paul Glennon, Bob Knowlton, Nicole Luiken, and Derek Newman-Stille.
The Sunburst Award for Excellence in Canadian Literature of the Fantastic is an annual award celebrating the best in Canadian fantastic literature published during the previous calendar year.
The winners receive a cash prize of $1,000 as well as a hand-crafted medallion incorporating the Sunburst logo.
The Sunburst Award takes its name from the debut novel of the late Phyllis Gotlieb, one of the first published authors of contemporary Canadian speculative fiction.
For additional information about the Sunburst Award, the nominees and jurors, as well as previous awards, eligibility and the selection process, please visit the website at www.sunburstaward.org.