Interviews & Profiles
- Crave Online interviews Nicholas Brendon of Buffy, Roswell, and the upcoming Coherence.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Sarah Zettel, author of Bad Luck Girl (The American Fairy Trilogy).
- Popwrapped interviews Robin Hobb, author of Fool’s Assassin.
- The Qwillery interviews Yasmine Galenorn, author of Night’s End.
- The Riverfront Times profiles Ann Leckie, author of the Ancillary Justice.
- ScienceFiction.com interviews Greg Keyes, author of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Firestorm.
- Science Book a Day interviews Mira Grant, author of Parasite.
- SFFWorld interviews AJ Dalton, author of Tithe of the Saviour.
- TV Equals interviews Adam Baldwin, star of The Last Ship.
- WIRED interviews Diana Gabaldon, author of the Outlander series.
- XOJane interviews Corinne Duyvis, author of Otherbound.
- Film director Guillermo del Toro has confirmed that not only will there be a sequel to Pacific Rim on 7 April 2017, but also an animated series. No details, but in the meantime, enjoy this discussion of the Mako Mari test for Your Feminist Film Criticism Toolbelt.
- L.A. Mayor Tries to Convince George Lucas to Build Museum There with Twitter Campaign
- Ready Player One is getting the movie treatment.
- The Sum of Light – A Lovecraft inspired genre-bending comic series that transports the bleak cosmic horror of Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythos into a modern day action adventure setting.
- Taurin Tales – a shared world anthology featuring some of the top names in small press sci-fi.
- Review: Snowpiercer: This train makes stops at bleak political allegory, elaborately choreographed ax battles, and goofy comic pratfalls. All aboard!
- Review: The Vulture calls Snowpiercer a Fun Dystopian Sci-Fi Epic
- 12 Movies to Watch After You See Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Are these really the 10 Laws of Good Science Fiction?
- Before Snowpiercer, Which Other Movies Should You Watch From Director Bong Joon-ho?
- Five Joss Whedon projects you never got to see. To mark Joss’ 50th birthday the other day, Digital Spy lists five of his most promising projects that never saw the light of day.
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart, scream book fans.
- Get a Hugo Memership: It’s The Best Way to Spend $42.34.
- “The ‘God’ in Godzilla: Godzilla vs Pacific Rim” — Harry Brewis at Smug Film shakes his head at humans who respond to destructive industrialism by building more shit.
- Harvey Weinstein and the saga of Snowpiercer
- How Chevy’s Camaro Changed with the Transformers Franchise
- How far can culture heroes’ work stand apart from their lives?
- How to Tell You’re a Woman in a Michael Bay Movie: Kyle Buchanan at Vulture offers a helpful guide in case you were questioning whether or not you were living as a lady in a Michael Bay movie.
- L.A. Times looks at how adult authors have made the transition to writing young adult novels.
- Michael Crichton’s Method for Plotting Out a Story: Start with the Raptors.
- Neil Gaiman’s 10 Crucial Works, Ranked by Flavorwire
- Paula Stokes asks readers to think before they steal books.
- Remember how YA is supposed to be vapid? Someone forgot to tell protesters in Bangkok, who have adopted the ‘Hunger Games’ salute in their anti-coup flash mobs.
- Rolling Stone’s Top 20 Sci-Fi films of the 21st Century.
- Rotten Tomatoes picks 24 Frames: Certified Fresh Sci-Fi Action
- Ursula K. Le Guin meditates on the concept of being “the best.”
- We’re losing all our Strong Female Characters to Trinity Syndrome
- When Stephen King puts out a book with the same title as a book you’ve already published, life can get weird (in a fun way) and writing gets profitable.
- WHY THE EDGE OF TOMORROW ENDING IS GREAT! If you couldn’t tell by the caps, FILM CRIT HULK at Badass Digest celebrates one of his favorite modern summer movies on the same weekend Trans4mers comes out. Great timing.
- Fun With Kirk And Spock: A Kid’s Book And Adult Parody Of Star Trek
- Minimalist Movie Posters, Made With Simple Sheets Of Paper
More Fun Stuff
- Check out the periodic table of Epic Reads!
- Get your own Star Trek: The Original Series Fine Art Coasters now!
- Infographic: How does Game of Thrones compare in size to other famous books
- NASA’s Flying Saucer Finally Flies after weeks of canceled launches.
- Snakelike robots with tiny saws are heading towards humanity’s horrorifices. The Matrix is here.
- Watch a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Early Reaction Video.
- Watch a New trailer for Wachowskis’ Jupiter Ascending (despite the 2015 delay)
- Why Going to Other Planets Could Save the Earth