Table of Contents: MASTER MINDS Edited by Juliana Rew
Check out the the table of contents for Juliana Rew’s new anthology Master Minds:
Here’s the book description:
It’s Question Time: What is intelligence, anyway? Who has it? Who wants it? Can humans recognize it in other species? Come the Singularity, will humans survive? Is survival only for the fittest? What will newly sentient creations want to do first? Can we love machines, and can they love us back? Could the ‘Mozart effect’ of music transform us? Are the super-intelligent more likely to be tormented by issues like happiness and the meaning of life?
Third Flatiron Anthologies presents “Master Minds,” a new collection of science fiction/fantasy/horror short stories that consider the different meanings of intelligence.
New and established speculative fiction writers offer a mind-boosting exploration of sentience and sapience. Contributors include Cherith Baldry, Lela E. Buis, Martin Clark, Ellen Denton, Robin Wyatt Dunn, William Huggins, Elliotte Rusty Harold, Jason Lairamore, Vince Liberato, Patrick McCarty, Russell Nichols, Konstantine Paradias, and NM Whitley. Edited by Juliana Rew.
Here’s the table of contents…
- “The Abstract Heart” by Martin Clark
- “Oi, Robot!” by Konstantine Paradias
- “I Scream Man” by William Huggins
- “The Frankenstein Project” by Ellen Denton
- “Survival” by Jason Lairamore
- “Broken Toys in a Big Backyard” by Vince Liberato
- “Hacking ‘Wilkes-Barre PA, May 2001′” by NM Whitley
- “The Cabin” by Lela E. Buisz
- “In Mrs. Timmet’s Class” by Patrick McCarty
- “Watching the Skies” by Robin Wyatt Dunn
- “Music of the Mind” by Cherith Baldry
- “The Right Books” by Elliotte Rusty Harold
- “Schadenfreude” by Russell Nichols
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!