PS Publishing has posted the table of contents for their new Cemetary Dance anthology Smoke and Mirrors:
Here’s the book description:
Tales of horror and the fantastic have been told in many ways over the centuries — around the campfire, on the stage, in books and movies, and even on television — but no form is quite so visceral and direct as the script.
Whether it’s a stage play, a feature film screenplay, or the script for a classic horror comic, these acclaimed authors aren’t just putting black text on a white page. The writing may seem clean and simple at first, but the authors are actually creating worlds; they’re luring you into their creations and before you know it, there’s no way out. You’re part of the story and you have to keep turning the pages until you reach “The End” or “Fade Out.”
The big question is: will you survive to see the final curtain call?
Come now, take your seat, and let the show begin. You have nothing to fear but your own imagination.
Here’s the table of contents…
- “The Magic Shop” by Neil Gaiman (teleplay)
- “Showdown” by Frank Darabont (teleplay)
- “The Ventriloquist’s Dummy” by Frank Darabont (teleplay)
- “Hell Hospital” by William Peter Blatty (teleplay)
- “Faith” by William Peter Blatty (treatment)
- “Snowmen” by Kealan Patrick Burke (teleplay)
- “Freddy Wertham Goes to Hell” by Joe Hill (comic script)
- “Softwar” by Stewart O’Nan (feature film treatment)
- “To Fight With Monsters” by Brian Keene & Michael Oliveri (comic script)
- “The Joy of Living” by William F. Nolan (teleplay)
- “Becoming the Monster” by Poppy Z. Brite (comic script)
- “By Bizarre Hands” by Joe R. Lansdale (stage play)
- “Hole” by Ray Garton (comic script)
- “Jimmy Miracle” by Mick Garris (feature length film script)