Shaking their sullen heads at the fact that June marks the first anniversary of the Three Hoarsemen Podcast, John E. O. Stevens, Fred Kiesche and Jeff Patterson LAUGH at the cruel passage of time and ride out for another adventure. This time around they ask the intrepid Kate Sherrod to take a break from enduring the floods in Wyoming and saddle up with them for a discussion on the works of Octavia Butler.
After that, they give their thoughts on Andy Weir’s The Martian, and scrutinize the truly staggering number of books and comics that have passed their eyes since last they met.
Also, because it’s a cruel summer, the Hoarsemen remember Jay Lake, and discuss Sarah Chorn’s stunning (and heartbreaking) column about what is important when faced with cancer.
1 hr 24 Min. In STEREO!
- City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett
- Leviathan Awakes by James A. Corey
- Heaven’s Shadow by David S. Goyer and Michael Cassutt
Video: Celebrating Octavia Butler
- Jay Lake
- Jay Lake: Locus Obituary
- Fred Kiesche discusses the Nebulas on The Incomparable Podcast
- Octavia Butler Books at Open Road Media
- Octavia Butler Biography
- Erika Nelson on Lilith’s Brood at Tor.com
- Kate Sherrod: Gene Wolfe’s The Land Across
- Kate Sherrod’s Suppertime Sonnets
- The Mighty Thor/Journey Into Mystery: Everything Burns
- Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Alastair Reynolds – On The Steel Breeze
- Fred Kiesche: The Year in Books
- Fred Kiesche: The Year in Shorts
© 2014 SF Signal.com
Tell us what you think – leave us a voicemail!
Can’t see the widget above? That’s okay – just call 720-277-9082 or shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org