Free SF, Fantasy and Horror Fiction for 7/09/2014
Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- @AE – The Canadian Science Fiction Review: “This is not what I wanted for my birthday” by Rati Mehrota [Science Fiction]
- @Buzzy Mag: “Last Days Of The Gunslinger John Amos” by Eric J. Guignard [Science Fiction Western]
- @The Colored Lens: “The Virgin and The Dragon” by Melinda Moore [Urban Fantasy]
- @Daily Science Fiction: “Days Like These” by Erica L. Satifka [Science Fiction]
- Expanded Horizons #43 – July 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- Kaleidotrope Summer 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Lakeside Circus:
- @Legend of the Five Rings: “Corruption” by Maxime Lemaire [Shared World Fantasy]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- “Cimmeria: From the Journal of Imaginary Anthropology” by Theodora Goss [Fantasy – also available in audio]
- “The Panda Coin” by Jo Walton [Science Fiction]
- @Mad Scientist Journal: “Sport of Kings” by Judith Field [Speculative Fiction]
- @The WiFiles: “Megapixilated” by D.A.Cairns [Horror]
- @Author’s Site: “Common Sense” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch [Alternative History]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows: [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Every Day Fiction:
- @Farther Stars Than These: “Genesis II, The Rise “ by Chuck Oliver [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Nature: “Cargo Cult” by S. R. Algernon [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Weirdyear: “The Dying Art of Sewer Scuba” by Joshua Dobson [Weird Flash]
Written – Serialized
- @Kat and Mouse: Guns for Hire: In The Name Of The Father by Abner Senires – Part Eight [Cyberpunk Serial]
- @madgeniusclub: Elf Blood by Sarah A. Hoyt – Chapter 23 [Fantasy Novel Serialization]
- Shadow Feed Episode #4.13 – “Something’s Gotta Eat T. rexes” by [Science Fiction Serial]
- @Author’s Site: The Greenland Diaries by Patrick Marsh – Day 134 [Post-Apocalyptic Serial]
- Beam Me Up! Podcast #413 – Ringminers’s Daughter by [Science Fiction]
- Cast of Wonders #127 – “Learning the Game” by Michael Haynes [YA Fantasy]
- Escape Pod #453 – “The Grotto of the Dancing Deer” by Clifford Simak [Science Fiction]
- Every Day Fiction Podcast #177 – “Going All The Way” by Sylvia Spruck Wrigley [Science Fiction Humor]
- Far Fetched Fables #12 – “Tengu Mountain” by Gregory Frost and “Lost Wax” by Leah Bobet by [Fantasy]
- @Lakeside Circus: “Celestial Starships” by Michael J. DeLuca [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “Cimmeria: From the Journal of Imaginary Anthropology” by Theodora Goss [Fantasy]
- Protecting Project Pulp #100 – “Final Mission” by John D. MacDonald [Science Fiction]
- Pseudopod #393 – “West Gate” by Mitchell Edgeworth [Horror]
- Tales To Terrify #130 – “Suicide Chef” by Bill Ferris and “His Pale Blue Eyes” by David A. Riley by [Horror]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod:
- Dimension X -“Courtesy” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1951]
- Space Patrol -“Invasion From Tiranna” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1954]
- The CBS Radio Workshop -“The Big Event” [Speculative Radio Drama – from 1956]
- The Mysterious Traveler -“Operation Tomorrow” [Time Travel Radio Drama – from 1950]
- The The Haunting Hour -“The Old Old Men” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1944]
- Vanishing Point -“The Black Serpent” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1985]
- @Relic Radio:
- CBS Radio Mystery Theater -“The Return Of The Moresbys” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1974]
- Lights Out -“Nobody Died” [Weird Radio Drama – from 1939]
- The Mysterious Traveler -“If You Believe” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1946]
Audio – Serialized
- @Adventures in Space: [Science Fiction Adventure Serial]
- @Author’s Site: Nocturnal by Scott Sigler – Episode #37 [Horror Novel Serialization]
- @Transmissions from Colony One: Season Two, Episode Six “Viscosity” [Science Fiction Serial]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Black Book: Book 1 by Dylan Jones
1862. The Old West. The man they call Sheriff Jack is actually an undercover soldier from the future. His mission is simple: Protect at all costs a simple ledger known only as the black book. Jack suddenly finds himself calling on all of his warrior’s training as he comes face to face with a terrible evil that means to stand in his way.
[Time Travel Western Novella – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Guns of Seneca 6 by Bernard Schaffer
Jem Clayton left Seneca 6 as a youth, taking off for the wasteland after his father, Sheriff Sam Clayton, was murdered. Jem rode outlaw, making a name as a fearsome gunslinger as ruthless toward his enemies as he was kind to the ladies that crossed his path.
Everything changes when an intergalactic marshal crash lands carrying the galaxy’s most feared criminal, a maniac names Elijah Harpe. Harpe’s brother and gang will stop at nothing to free him, and they are bringing a weapon of terrible alien power.
[Science Fiction Western Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Peacemaker 2564 AD – The Corona Rebellion by Gordon Savage
Two hundred years after the first settlers land on the planet Corona, the colonists face a nightmare situation. Natives have been reported, and colonizing an inhabited planet is prohibited.
Threatened with relocation, Coronans rebel to defend‐at all cost—the only home they’ve ever known. When an explosion leaves a cloud of ions in place of his star ship, stranding Peacemaker, Commander Gus Colt, on the planet, he survives a crash landing and escapes the rebels but is critically injured getting away. Natives deliver him to a loyalist widow’s farm for medical treatment, where he falls in love with her and unintentionally draws her into danger.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel – Amazon]
The 5 Moons of Tiiana (The Chronicles of Rez Cantor) by Paul Harry
After saving the Princess of Melela from certain death at the hands of the alien-hybrid Relcor and getting her off planet, Captain Rez Cantor is in a quandary. Instead of reaching a safe haven as planned, the unthinkable happens and the results leave him injured and alone on an alien moon with no recollection of how he got there. To make matters worse his life is in danger, for floating just over his head is strange alien cloud—a vaporous form eagerly trying to devour him.
[Space Opera Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Mark of the Legion by JJ Timmins
In the world of Xanoha, only the Empire of Te, ancient and dying, protects mankind from the chaotic horrors of the Land. But the Empire and its archaic order are collapsing in Civil War. Its fate lies in the sword-filled hands of those who bear the Mark of the Legion, who fight the Rebel hordes for their Empress, their Empire, and their comrades, unto victory or death.
[Epic Fantasy Novel – Amazon]
Mrythdom: Game of Time by Jasper T. Scott
While flying his courier vessel through an asteroid belt to lose pursuing patrollers, Aurelius accidentally flies through a portal into the future where he discovers that his entire civilization has been destroyed by some climactic event. The decaying ruins of cities are everywhere, tucked neatly between vast tracts of unfamiliar land. Whatever destroyed his civilization, reformed the face of Meridia, too.
Everything about Meridia has changed. Where before humans were the only sentient species, now there are countless magical and mythical beings. . . . Meridia has become Mrythdom.
[Fantasy / Time Travel Novel – Amazon | B&N]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
The Shadow (The Darkness Trilogy #1) by A.G. Porter
Rayna Stone is an eighteen-year-old girl from a small Alabama town that just wants to save a little money for college. In order to do that she has to find a summer job. The problem with that, the only place that is willing to take her is the upscale golf resort of The Landing. This was not her idea of a summer job, being around snobby, rich folks, but when she meets eyes with the owner’s son, Liam, she starts to see the brighter side of things. That is until she’s seeing things that she can’t quite explain and having dreams that are haunted by a being she calls The Shadow.
[YA Paranormal Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
The Sorcery Code (The Sorcery Code #1) by Dima Zales
Once a respected member of the Sorcerer Council and now an outcast, Blaise has spent the last year of his life working on a special magical object. The goal is to allow anyone to do magic, not just the sorcerer elite. The outcome of his quest is unlike anything he could’ve ever imagined – because, instead of an object, he creates Her.
She is Gala, and she is anything but inanimate. Born in the Spell Realm, she is beautiful and highly intelligent – and nobody knows what she’s capable of. She will do anything to experience the world . . . even leave the man she is beginning to fall for.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Witchell: A Symphony by F. Trantham
Happily exiled to a semblance of normalcy, Tavin Witchell has deliberately forgotten that he is also Baron Witchell. He hasn’t used magic properly in years, and he’s barely thought about the Mageplane and its stifling, stagnant society of mages. When Tavin gets a strange phone call about his brother, he realizes that the Mageplane – derelict and failing for for nearly a century, must be in its final death throes. Unfortunately for Tavin and his brother, Tavin’s best friend Amelia, and Lyvance’s daughter, Emmaliss have talents that could be warped to resurrect the dying world.
[YA Contemporary Fantasy Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Vampires
Beneath the Willow by Gemma Farrow
Thomas loves Keziah. He’ll do anything for her…at least he believes that. But all it takes is one shattering moment to change a belief; a few nights is more than enough to kill the belief completely. The world Thomas knows changes violently one night when he gets a phone call. It’s Keziah. She’s hurt. She’s scared. She needs him. He gets Keziah home, but the horror has only just begun.
[Vampire Novelette – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Superhero
Free eBooks – Horror
Sixtus by Tim Kizer
After becoming friends with a mysterious entity named Jeremy, Zack, a skinny fifteen-year-old nerd suffering from polydactyly, acquires a taste for killing.
First, he butchers his parents in their sleep. Then he cold-bloodedly rips out his schoolmate’s intestines. A few days later, Zack strangles a young woman before stealing her car. And that is just the beginning.
[Horror / Thriller Novelette – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Hurricane Dan by Bret Wellman
Dan Kelly is a young businessman who has grown sick of the way things work. He has given up trying to make a living and gone on a drinking binge that puts him out on the street. A few days later, as he is trying to adjust to his new life as a vagabond, zombies begin popping up in the streets of Manhattan.
[Zombie Novel – Amazon]
- @Author’s Site: Excerpt from Shadows by E.C. Blake – Chapters One and Two [Fantasy Novel – Second of Series]
Tagged with: audio fiction • fiction • free • free ebooks • free fantasy fiction • Free Fiction • free flash fiction • free horror fiction • free science fiction • mazon • serialized • serialized fiction
Filed under: Free Fiction
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!