Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
- @Aurora Wolf:
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights:
- The Lorelei Signal Jul – Sept ’14 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Almas” by Josie Growler
- “Grace” by Maureen Bowden
- “Room 116” by Joyce Frohn
- “The Children of the Waterworks” by Paul Miller
- “The Cookie Maker” by Tom Howard
- “The Fox” by Nancy O’Toole
- “The Glass Lamp” by Cynthia Fucci
- “The House in the Desert” by Rose Strickman
- “The Queen Moon on her Throne” by Lawrence Buentello
- @Nightmare Magazine: “Talking in the Dark” by Dennis Etchison [Horror]
- @Omni Reboot: “The Samson Contingency – Artificial Intelligence or Nuclear Terrorist?” by Cairo Smith [Science Fiction]
- @Author’s Site: “The Thing Without A Name” by Vincent Asaro [Horror]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows: “Singularity’s Detritus” by Ryan Somma [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights:
- “Lightning” by Al Apanamo [Horror Flash – also available on YouTube]
- “Mister Patches” by Konstantine Paradias [Horror Flash – also available on YouTube]
- “Monster” by Sterling Moore [Horror Flash – also available on YouTube]
- “You’ve Known This Your Whole Life” by Christopher Bloodworth [Horror Flash – also available on YouTube]
- @Daily Science Fiction: “Planning for Your Re-Retirement” by Nicky Drayden [Science Fiction Flash]
Written – Serialized
- @HiLobrow: King Goshawk by Eimar O’Duffy – Chapter 28 [Satirical Science Fiction Serialization – from 1926]
- @Author’s Site: Musketeer Space by Tansy Rayner Roberts – Part 8 – “The Nesting Habits of Musketeers” [Space Opera Serialization]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Relic Radio: X Minus One –“The Map Makers” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1956]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights: “Secrets of the Seven Symphonies Circus” by Shenoa Carroll Bradd [Horror Short Story – also available on YouTube]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Primae Noctis (The Once and Future Lords Trilogy) by Aimery Thomas
It was the first night of humanity, now known as the Calamity: a time of global crisis that led to the deaths of more than 99% of the world’s 13.6 billion inhabitants. Humanity had passed far beyond any reasonable expectation of redemption. The dark veil of fear and night would descend upon every person on Earth. Sixty years later, and with the guidance of the Archonae, the survivors live in an idyllic society of secure and protected cities designed to elevate humanity to its full potential and prevent the problems of the past from recurring. However, not everyone is content with life in the new utopia.
[Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Sky Hunter (Targon Tales 1) by Chris Reher
Air Command pilot Nova Whiteside is assigned to a remote outpost to guard the construction of a new tethered orbiter, Skyranch Twelve, against rebel sabotage. The difference between the well-ordered Union air fields and this dusty garrison is made painfully clear when she runs afoul a brutal commander of ground troops. Aboard the elegant new space station not all runs according to protocol and she soon suspects that more than farming is being done up there. When she uncovers the treacherous and illicit schemes taking place, it seems that local riots are the least of their troubles.
[Space Opera Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction – Young Adult
Jett Smith and The Alien Grave by Andy Orr
On a bleak stretch of desert near the Martian equator lies Colony X, home to over three thousand colonists. Colony X is a technological triumph that extends humanity’s reach in the solar system. But living on Mars comes at a cost. Life is cruel and harsh on the Red Planet frontier. Survival demands hard work, scientific know-how, and dauntless courage.
Twelve-year-old Samuel “Jett” Smith lives on Colony X with his dad. A Martian-born with strong survival instincts, Jett is no stranger to adventure and hardship. However, Jett faces the ultimate test of will when he and his dad embark on a dangerous expedition to the South Pole of Mars. There, a shocking discovery threatens Jett’s sanity–and survival.
[Middle Years Science Fiction Novel – Amazon]
The Rise of Bacchus (Silent Screamers #1) by Dante Fortson
Sixteen year old David has just had a fight with his father about attending the first open contact between earth and an extraterrestrial race. After storming out of the house, one mishap after another leaves him stuck in a bar with a strange man, watching the event on TV.
Little does David know that these aliens have something sinister up their sleeves. David becomes an unlikely hero as he is forced to choose between hiding or saving his dad and his best friend Cassy. On his journey, he must survive vicious animal hybrids, satyrs, witches, and even a giant in order to save his loved ones.
[YA Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
After The Fires Went Out: Coyote (Book One of the Unconventional Post-Apocalyptic Series) by Regan Wolfrom
First came the comet. Then came the fires. Now we fight to save what’s left.
Baptiste, stranded 500 miles from his wife and daughter, at the northern edge of civilization, has made a vow to protect a teenage girl from the chaos that surrounds them. But as food and fuel runs out, and even friends prove they can’t be trusted, Baptiste realizes that this promise won’t be easy to keep.
[Post-Apocalyptic Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St. Mary’s #1) by Jodi Taylor
Behind the seemingly innocuous façade of St Mary’s, a different kind of historical research is taking place. They don’t do ‘time-travel’ – they ‘investigate major historical events in contemporary time’. Maintaining the appearance of harmless eccentrics is not always within their power – especially given their propensity for causing loud explosions when things get too quiet.
[Historical Fantasy / Time Travel Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
The Merchant and the Menace (The Seraphinium) by Daniel McHugh
The Seraphim. Beings of power, created to guide the world in times of trouble. They live their lives of near immortality in servitude to a lesser creature, man.
One rebelled. Amird, the Hand of the Creator, bridled at the sovereignty of his lord. In defiance he murdered a brother and was cast into the Mists of Chaos.
Millennia passed as the Deceiver plotted his return. Backed by the might of a seemingly unstoppable army of Ulrog Stone Men and their fire-eyed Malveel Lords, Amird plans to wrest control of the world from the Creator and rain violence on the humans he once served.
[Epic Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Silverweed by Dorlana Vann
Once upon a time Granny was attacked by a werewolf. Eighteen years later her grandson, Aiden Young, arrives in Indiana for his aunt’s funeral, and his unfortunate discovery of the family secret leads to a fatal mistake. Before the weekend is over, he’s trapped by a blizzard along with his superstitious cousin, Diesel, and Scarlet, Diesel’s manipulative girlfriend. In his grandmother’s spooky, old house in the middle of the woods, the teen faces life and death decisions: who can be trusted, and who needs to be saved?
[YA Dark Fairy Tale Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
A Little Undead by Laira Evans
She was feeling optimistic. Zombie incursions from the red zone were at an all time low, she finally had her own apartment, and she was about to start her first full-time job as a police officer. This was the true beginning of the rest of her life. Now if only she could figure out where this sudden craving for human blood came from…
[Zombie Novel – Amazon]