SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-07-01
Interviews & Profiles
- Badass Digest interviews Michael Bay, Stanley Tucci, and Mark Wahlberg of Transformers.
- Beauty in Ruins interviews Jillian Ward, author of Offshore.
- Between The Covers interviews Jo Walton, author of My Real Children.
- Blastr interviews Anthony Stewart Head, who portrays David Whele on SyFy’s Dominion.
- HuffPo interviews Lois Lowry, author of The Giver.
- indiewire interviews Bong Joon-Ho, director of Snowpiercer.
- The Mary Sue interviews Bong Joon Ho, director of Snowpiercer.
- Nicky Peacock interviews Sebastian Gregory, author of The Asylum for Fairy Tale Creatures.
- Winnipeg Free Press interviews Robert J. Sawyer, author of Red Planet Blues.
- Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity Tops Saturn Awards with Five Wins
- Announcing the 2014 Locus Award Winners
- Terry Gilliam’s The Zero Theorem Finally Has a U.S. Release Date
Events & Event News
- CZP’s entire e-book backlist is on sale — for only 99 cents each, July 1st through July 4th.
- Tracy and Laura Hickman will sign their novel Unnewt at Barnes & Noble in Orem, UT July 18, 2014!
- Terry Brooks will appear at Powell’s City of Books in Portland, OR on July 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM to sign The High Druid’s Blade: The Defenders of Shannara — the first standalone Shannara novel.
- Doctor Who Premiere Date Announced. Let the count downs begin!
- The Survivors Book III: Winter – Help publish the third book in the international best-selling post-apocalyptic survival story, The Survivors!
- Resurrection – The Ultimate Zombie Survival Game – a new take on the zombie classic.
- Book Review: The Guardian reviews The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Vol 8
- Book Review: Robert A. Heinlein by William H. Patterson Jr. “Heinlein was the best sci-fi writer of all time—and then mysteriously he became the worst.”
- Movie Review: Salon calls Snowpiercer Movie of the year, at least so far
- Anti-Heroes: Why Devious is so Delectable, and Where are all the Women?
- The Borg, And 9 Other Possibilities For Star Trek 3 Villains
- Digital Spy names The top 15 Joss Whedon characters.
- Gail Z. Martin of Deadly Curiosities talks Going from Short to Long in a guest blog.
- Game of Thrones Book Readers, You Need to Get Over Your Superiority Complex
- The Giver Film May Have Been 20 Years in the Making for a Reason. Hopefully, to get it right.
- Godzilla: the early years – in pictures: With the 2014 incarnation of Godzilla topping the film charts in China, we look back at the early years of Japanese monster’s career on his 60th birthday.
- Harvey Weinstein and the saga of Snowpiercer
- Heads up, loyal readers! The July/August Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction now on Sale.
- How Science Fiction can change the world from East to West
- The London Evening Standard explains Why The 100 is the latest TV must-see
- Latino USA reflects upon Diversity in Geekdom: Sci-fi & Fantasy
- Octavia Butlers fictional religion of Earthseed inspires real religious movement.
- Robert Orci Promises Star Trek Will Finally Go “Where No Man Has Gone Before” Again
- The Star Trek TOS re-watch continues! Let’s discuss The Naked Time!
- Trek Meets Science: Concept Warp Ship, Tricorders for Sale, Real Life Replicators
- We Sent Two Transformers Veterans to Age of Extinction , and Even They Couldn’t Understand It
- Why is Orphan Black still fighting a war Buffy should have won over 10 years ago? “The geek community is ready for strong women. [...] So why is this a war that’s still being waged?”
- Why The End Of Edge Of Tomorrow Is A Huge Letdown
- Why the Smart Reading Device of the Future May Be … Paper
- VICE parodies the classic series in this cheeky Star Trek web comic
More Fun Stuff
- The Fermi Paradox: We’re rare, we’re first, or we’re really bad at statistics.
- Hey, remember that time Google accidentally made Skynet?
- JK Rowling Creatively Responds to Twitter Fan’s Question
- Michigan man has vision restored with a bionic eye, immediately put his home up for sale after realizing that he was still living in Michigan.
- Potato beetle inspires building woven by robots, fills me with nightmares about robot spiders.
- Read an excerpt from Tales of the Hidden World by Simon Green at Tor.com.
- Scientists point out the many scientific shortcomings of World War Z. Long story short, turns out the movie wasn’t a documentary.
- Watch a trailer for Dracula Untold
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!