Interviews & Profiles
- Fantasy & Science Fiction interviews Charlie Jane Anders, author of “Palm Strike’s Last Case.”
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Ann Leckie, author of Ancillary Justice.
- Mur Lafferty interviews Jeff VanderMeer, author of Authority.
- OUPBlog interviews Rebecca Mead, author of My Life in Middlemarch.
- The Qwillery interviews J. Kathleen Cheney, author of The Seat of Magic.
- 2014 World Fantasy Lifetime Achievement Awards Announced
- Amazon’s Latest Proposal Rankles Hachette and Authors
- Amazon offers Hachette authors 100 percent cut of ebook sales as fight continues
- Amazon shows authors how much it cares about them by offering a condescending publicity stunt
- Hachette rejects Amazon proposal to give Hachette authors 100% of e-book revenue
- An Alphabet of Embers – edited by Rose Lemberg, with cover art by Hugo winning artist Galen Dara. It is an anthology of unclassifiable –lyrical, surreal, magical, experimental pieces that straddle the border between poetry and prose.
- Oxage: Phoenix of Hope – a trilogy of plays written by Laura Boone about A mythical, magical world, similar yet more innocent than ours, on the brink of being torn apart by greed.
- Thicker Than Blood – the next vampire chronicle that opens a new theory to the origins of blood drinkers and their habits.
- Book Review: Bookworm Blues calls The Girl with All the Gifts “surprisingly human.”
- 6 Updates On Key Harry Potter Characters From J.K. Rowling.
- 10 Rules for Writing About Cops by Joe McKinney
- Amazon-Hachette: Whose Side Are You On?
- T.C. McCarthy on Hachette vs. Amazon (video).
- Cinefex asks What Does Magic Look Like?
- Fantasy Author’s Handbook asks What makes a Monster Scary?
- A few disjointed thoughts on other cultures and diversity in SFF from Aliette de Bodard.
- For all the scoffers who claimed that The Scientific Adventures of Baron Münchausen by Gernsback would never get any traction on the internet… [via Paul Di Filippo]
- George R.R. Martin says ‘fuck you’ to anyone who thinks he’ll die before finishing Game of Thrones series. Of course, this wouldn’t be the first time he lied about a character not dying.
- Gojira Reborn: Flickering Myth takes a look at The Making of Godzilla
- The H Word: Misunderstood Monsters by Janice Gable Bashman
- High Druid and Hollywood: Will Terry Brooks Make It to the Movies?
- Is Free-to-Play the saviour of Dungeons & Dragons?
- John Scalzi on Yog’s Law and Self-Publishing
- Karen Haber Guest Post – ”My First” at Locus Online.
- Meet Two New Legends Of British Fantasy
- On Crowdfunding, Paying Writers, and the Shift to Digital: An Editor Tells His Story
- Read Them Now, Watch Them Later: Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Adaptation Watch
- Science Fiction Romance vs Paranormal Romance: A Comparison by Jody Wallace
- Trekkie Feminist. Feminist fans of Star Trek take a look at what Star Trek gets wrong (and gets right) about gender issues, with individual episode reviews and series Bechdel test results.
- Why Transformers Isn’t the Real Threat to Independent Film… aside from how much it sucked.
- Why Urban Fantasy Might Sound Like Science Fiction by Tom Doyle
More Fun Stuff
- Australian Ad Agency Launches a Line of Game of Thrones Wines
- Cover reveal: The Curious Case by Gail Carriger
- The fanzine issue 377 of The Drink Tank, a Memorium for author Jay Lake, is now available.
- Here’s a Complete List of the Songs in Stephen King’s Dark Tower Series.
- I, for one, Welcome our Robotic Spider Overlords!
- Read an excerpt from The Arrows of Time by Greg Egan at Tor.com.
- Read an excerpt from Deadly Curiosities by Gail Z. Martin at SFFWorld.com.
- The Interactive Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline: A huge fan of the Universe, Anthony Norfolk created a nice picture filled timeline to pinpoint all the important elements of the Marvel Universe.
- Saturn’s Rings, Hexagon on Display in Amazing Photo
- Watch The Magician’s Land Book Trailer at Tor.com.