SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-07-23
Interviews & Profiles
- Beauty in Ruins interviews Nigel Lampard, author of The Loser Has to Fall.
- Cosmos interviews Michio Kaku, author of The Future of the Mind.
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Glenn Rolfe, author of The Haunted Halls.
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Mike Resnick, author of Kirinyaga.
- My Bookish Ways interviews AJ Colucci, author of Seeders.
- The Qwillery interviews Bishop O’Connell, author of The Stolen.
- Slice interviews Myke Cole, author of Shadow Ops: Breach Zone.
- Tor.com interviews Charles Stross, author of Three Tales from the Laundry Files.
- Urban Fantasy Investigations interviews K. E. Shade, author of Her Beauty Within.
- The Wall Street Journal interviews Neil Gaiman, author of the introduction to The 13 Clocks.
- Anthony Hopkins to star in re-make of sci-fi movie Westworld
- Falling Skies has been renewed for a fifth and final season, if anyone still cares.
- Wattpad Expands Creative Commons Options Enabling Fan Fiction
Events & Event News
- 28 Things To Do and See at Comic-Con That Aren’t Movie, TV or Comics Panels
- Hello World – The story of an android in the broken home of a father & son.
- Glimmer – A short film with Force Fields – a sci-fi drama about the importance of human connection.
- Movie Review: Snowpiercer is a must-see movie. Why won’t they show it at your theatre?
- Movie Review: The Zero Theorem undermines its satire with muddy ideology and philosophy
- 12 Forgotten Superhero Movies remembered by Popular Mechanics
- The 100 best sci-fi movies: Leading sci-fi experts, filmmakers, science fiction writers, film critics and scientists pick the best sci-fi movies ever made when they just could have asked me.
- “Dear Mr Snyder…“: How to make Batman v Superman not terrible
- The Disney Triple Crown: Why Ming-Na Wen Needs To Be In Star Wars
- George Takei Opens Up To Bill Maher Regarding Feud With Shatner And Gay Issues
- The Guardians of the Galaxy are even weirder than Marvel would lead you to believe.
- Honey, You’re Scaring the Kids: How 80s childhoods changed thought about the Bomb.
- The Hugos and The Wheel of Time: A Satisfying End to the Series
- John Ostrander discusses Old Star Trek Tech and new cellphone tech.
- Kindle Unlimited’s Two-Tier System Makes Some Authors Second-Class Citizens
- The limits of animal life on Tatooine: why the megafauna of George Lucas’ parched desert world makes no sense. It’s not the dry heat that’s the problem; it’s the food supply.
- The Man Booker prize 2014: The Guardian makes predictions for the longlist
- A “New” New Hope: Film Preservation and the Problem with Star Wars
- The Quest to Make a Studio-Quality Star Trek Movie on a Kickstarter Budget
- Smart Pop Books considers the The Cost of Being Batman.
- Sophie Turner talks about the kick-ass-ness of Sansa Stark.
- Star Wars fan contest has new twist
- This article on Everything I Learned from the Buffy Rewatch is waaay too short.
- Voyages About Nothing: How Seinfeld Influenced Star Trek’s Legacy.
- What Makes Chinese Science Fiction Chinese? Tor.com considers the question.
- Why Does Alan Moore Want You To Boycott Brett Ratner’s Hercules?
- Hellboy Artist Mike Mignola Made a Toy Story Poster
- Jurassic World Concept Art is Pretty Awesome
- Serenity Blue Sun Travel Posters Highlight Scenic Destinations Throughout The ‘Verse
More Fun Stuff
- Big Fish Audio presents Prometheus Ambient Sci Fi and Ethereal Soundscapes
- Carl Zimmer writes for Quanta about The New Science Of Evolutionary Forecasting, but Can We Predict Evolution or is it all just a myth?
- Download the Del Rey Bantam 2014 Sampler for free from Suvudu.
- Infographic: Famous Literature Words by Numbers
- Read an excerpt from the new D&D Player’s Handbook at BoingBoing.
- Read an excerpt from The League of Seven by Alan Gratz at Tor.com.
- Read an excerpt from Last Orders by Harry Turtledove at Suvudu.
- Read an excerpt from Virga: Sun of Suns – Vol.1 by Karl Schroder at Bleeding Cool.
- Robot With Broken Leg Learns To Walk Again In 2 Minutes. Is no one else beginning to suspect that these scientists have already sold us out to our future robot overlords?
- Watch a trailer for Doctor Who comic books
- Watch a trailer for Star Wars Rebels before the Screening at Comic-Con 2014.
- Watch a documentary on the Theremin: How science fiction got its sound
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!