SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-08-01
Interviews & Profiles
- Amazing Stories interviews Hal Duncan, author of Nowhere Town.
- GeekTyrant interviews Dave Bautista, who plays Drax the Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Henry Herz interviews Cecil Castellucci, author of Tin Star.
- Literary Escapism interviews Elise Abram, author of The Revenant.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Hank Phillippi Ryan, author of The Wrong Girl.
- Nicky Peacock interviews Jane Tara, author of Forecast.
- Nicky Peacock interviews Micah Persell, author of Of Eternal Life.
- The Qwillery interviews Carrie Patel, author of The Buried Life.
- Reddit recently hosted an AMA for Jeffrey Brown, author of Goodnight Darth Vader.
- Reddit recently hosted an AMA for Ron D. Moore of Battlestar Galactica and Outlander.
- The 2014 Parsec Awards Finalists have been announced.
- Leigh Brackett inducted into the Science Fiction Hall of Fame
- Syfy Developing Alien Invasion Drama From Michael Horowitz & Hypnotic
- A woman who added “Skywalker” as a middle name has been told by passport officials her signature infringes a trademark, and The Home Office said it “will not recognise a change to a name which is subject to copyright or trademark.”
Events & Event News
- Fan Expo Canada will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre August 28 – 31, 2014.
- The Allies and Enemies Trilogy: Book One – The premier novel of a science fiction trilogy featuring strong female characters and fast-paced action.
- Explaining Cthulhu to Grandma and Other Stories – a short story collection by Alex Shvartsman.
- Book Review: Paul Di Filippo reviews Tigerman by Nick Harkaway
- 7 Bookish Things You Missed at San Diego Comic-Con
- According to a recent poll, Most Americans Don’t Think Contacting Aliens Is a Good Idea
- Amazon Finally Explains Why It’s Fighting A Big Publisher
- Bubble Baths and the Need For Grimdark: Highlights from Joe Abercrombie’s AMA
- Batman Comic Writers Agree: Christopher Nolan ‘Got It Right’
- Book Review: Joe Abercombie’s Half A King Is A Coming-Of-Age Tale Soaked In Blood
- Can Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Make Box Office History?
- Concerning Hobbits, On-Screen and Off: Why Jackson and Tolkien Can Peacefully Co-exist
- From Out of the Depths: The Weird Tales of William Hope Hodgson
- Guillermo del Toro will teach you to build the perfect monster.
- He Wanted Us To Catch Him!: Let’s Retire this Villain Cliché
- How A 1980s Walkman Changed Guardians of the Galaxy Completely
- One-Off Sci-Fi Movies Need a Place Too, says the Nerdist.
- Sherlock Holmes as Cyborg and the Future of Retail
- So Who Comic-Conquered San Diego?
- Someone Needs To Make All These Fake Movies For Real
- TARDIS mini-libraries prove libraries are bigger on the inside
- Tor.com rounds up August Releases in Science Fiction
- What Secrets Are Hidden In The Wildlings’ Costumes On Game Of Thrones?
- Where’s the Diversity, Hollywood? asks the SFWA.
- Where Did the Guardians of the Galaxy Come From?
- Why Syfy Wins No Matter How Sharknado 2 Does in the Ratings
- Your Best Bets for Speculative Fiction Reads in August
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Gets A 1950s Style Poster And More
More Fun Stuff
- Divergent Deleted Scene: Watch the Brutal Eye Stabbing that Didn’t Make It Into Theaters
- Interstellar Launches Interactive Site With Hidden Clues
- Pictures and Chatter from the Doctor Who Premiere “Deep Breath”
- Scientists Bring Comic-Con Attendees Into the AVENGERS Science Program
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!