SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-08-02
Interviews & Profiles
- Amazing Stories interviews Hal Duncan, author of Vellum.
- The Bleeding Cool interviews Grant Morrison, author of Annihilator.
- MovieHole interviews Nicole Perlman, co-writer of Guardians of the Galaxy.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Elizabeth Little, author of Dear Daughter.
- Qwillery interviews J.C. Nelson, author of Free Agent.
- StarTrek.com interviews Don Stark, a guest star on Deep Space Nine.
- Suvudu interviews Robin Hobb, author of Fool’s Assassin.
- Urban Fantasy Investigations interviews Sally Max, author of Lousy Magnet.
- USA Today interviews Anna Hackett, author of Star’s End.
- The Guardian reveals the author of the new Doctor Who adventure!
Events & Event News
- BBC America Announces 12 Midnight Theatrical Events in 12 Cities on August 23 To Launch Doctor Who’s First Season Starring Peter Capaldi. More information will be announced on August 5.
- Museum of Science Fiction and DC Public Library to Host Film Festival to Raise Child Literacy
- Takei To Host Pittsburgh Symphony PNC Pops’ Sci-Fi Spectacular November 14-16 at Heinz Hall.
- EVE – an independent sci-fi movie. Douglas is mourning the loss of his wife, Eve, when a scientist offers to create an exact duplicate using illegal cloning techniques.
- SPIDER-MAN: THE MUSICAL… THE MUSICAL! – A play within a play (within a play?) The “Inception” of backyard musicals. With great power comes… little to no responsibility.
- Movie Review: Don’t like sci-fi or comics? You’ll still like Guardians of the Galaxy
- Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Is the Movie Green Lantern Should Have Been
- The 25 best science fiction movies of all time, according to The Christian Science Monitor.
- 25 Must-Read Books About Space Travel
- 30 Years of William Gibson’s Neuromancer.
- The Black Hole sent a generation of sci-fi fans to hell
- Damn You, Marvel Cinematic Universe!
- Den of Geek points out How the movies are making space fun again
- Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Tatooine but were afraid to ask.
- First full Doctor Who trailer: a fan’s interpretation
- From Space Losers to Really Popular Space Losers: A History of the Guardians of the Galaxy
- Have Comics Changed Too Much to Match Their Movie Adaptations?
- How James Gunn Made the Funniest Marvel Movie Yet
- How Real-Life Science Influenced Guardians of the Galaxy, according to Wired.
- How to Make a Convincing Sci-Fi Movie on a Tight Budget
- Is it right to spoil the movie if you’ve read the book?
- Meet Marvel’s misfits: Guardians of the Galaxy
- The New York Times considers how Science Fiction Reflects Our Anxieties.
- No comic-book movie captures the tone of its source material better than Spider-Man
- Outer Space Is the Best Place to Be For Young Actresses. Just ask Zoe Saldana.
- Physics Todays asks Will fiction influence how we react to climate change?
- Plague fiction – why authors love to write about pandemics: From Michael Crichton and Dan Brown to Shelley and Boccaccio, the theme of infectious disease is not a new affliction
- The Real Reason Why Joss Whedon Named His Space Western Show Firefly
- Rise Up from Science Fiction Monoculture! This sci-fi eats Tolkien rip-offs for breakfast.
- Science takes issue with Superman’s superpowers: solar-powered feats violate physics
- Scilogs talks Science fiction for science communication.
- Snowpiercer, the movie the Weinsteins wanted to butcher, has made them a ton of money.
- The story behind The Buried Life by Carrie Patel
- Strides and backslides: How to tackle diversity in comics
- Throwback Thursday: When Worlds Collide (1951)
- Tor.com offers its monthly round-up of August Releases in Urban Fantasy
- Warp 5.0: Trek Toward Sci-Fi’s Golden Anniversary with Roddenberry Entertainment and Wikia.
- What does it take to build a world? There’s much more to it than castles and names.
- Why is science fiction so hard to define?
- Why you should be reading young adult books, according to WTOP.
- Yep, That Leaked Video was the Guardians of the Galaxy Post-Credits Scene featuring a Bizarre Cameo.
- Dorkly Brings Us The 30 Best Dr.Seuss Mashups On The Internet
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Quest Poster
- New Harry Potter covers revealed
More Fun Stuff
- Bill Nye Says We May Discover Life On Europa Within The Next 30 Years.
- Cartoon Hangover presents Manly: Adventure Time storyboard artist and writer Jesse Moynihan along with his brother musician and Adventure Time composer Justin Moynihan have created Manly in which they have described as “Silver Surfer meets Star Trek Next Generation, with the violence of Fist of the North Star and the tenderness of the Little Prince”
- Find The Star Wars Easter Eggs In This Brilliant Lego Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer
- Google Translate’s Lead Scientist Is Going to Help Conquer Death. The only question now is, would you choose to be immortal if required you register with Google+?
- How to rebuild the world if we survive the apocalypse
- Man-Made Biological Leaf May Allow Us to Colonize Faraway Planets
- Mars 2020 Rover Will Carry a Terraforming Device. Can a Starbucks be far behind?
- NASA’s New Spacecraft Will Have A Star Trek-Like Cockpit
- Read an excerpt from The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon at xxx.
- Read an excerpt from Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini at Tor.com.
- Self-Driving Cars Head to Showroom – if the Law Allows, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar Short Film Warps Onto The Interwebs
- Watch a trailer for Into the Woods at Tor.com
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!