Interviews & Profiles
- Odyssey Workshop podcast-interviews Holly Black.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews An Owomoyela.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Ken Liu.
- Apex Magazine interviews John Moran.
- Apex Magazine interviews Cyril Rolando.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Lou Anders.
- Smart Girls love SciFi interviews Mary Behre.
- Peter Suttton interviews Ian Whates.
- The Skiffy and Fanty Show interviews Lynne and Michael Damian Thomas.
- Suvudu interviews Lev Grossman.
- BiblioFiend interviews Lev Grossman.
- Redditors interviews J. M. McDermott.
- John Scalzi interviews John Scalzi.
- Frozen Director to Adapt A Wrinkle in Time.
- On Spec‘s Canada Council Funding Has Been Cut – You can help!
- Book View Cafe Blog announces Stopping Short by Mindy Klasky and Piper in the Night by Dave Smeds.
Events & Event News
- September 9th: NYRSF Readings with Walter Mosley and Paul Di Filippo at the Brooklyn Commons at 388 Atlantic Avenue near the Barclay Center.
- September 28 in SE London: Crossness Convivial Steampunk event. [Thanks, Jonathan!]
- Wildseed Studios and SCI-FI-LONDON for the ‘Summer of Sci-Fi’ film festival throughout August, showcasing the SCI-FI-LONDON 48hr film challenge finalist films. 4 or 5 new films released every Thursday.
- Chalk Circles by Paul Jessup.
- Dead Mage – a fantasy/western comic .
- Support Speculate creating Podcasts for Writers, Readers, and Fans.
- Deborah J. Ross on Keeping The Faith, or Can You Change Your Name Without Selling Your Soul?
- Mary Robinette Kowal on My Favorite Bit: Julia Rios talks about KALEIDOSCOPE.
- Lou Anders on The Conception of a World and Birth of a Giant.
- Lev Grossman on How Not To Write Your First Novel.
- Nick Cole on My Superpower.
- Eric Brown on Influential Books and Forgotten Authors.
- Whatever on The Big Idea: Bishop O’Connell.
- Stephen Blackmoore on Instrument of Fate.
- Philip Athans on What Pulp Can Teach Us.
- Amazing Stories on Everything We Think About Genre Films Is Wrong.
- Adam Roberts on The Book of the River by Ian Watson.
- Jason Sanford on We hate your genre—except when we write it.
- Tom Pollock says Money Makes the World Go Round.
- Black Gate on Once Upon a Time in Shanghai and Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart.
- Sci-Fi Fan Letter on A Barricade in Hell by Jaime Lee Moyer.
- Stellar Four on Because Zombies.
- My Bookish Ways on Broken Souls by Stephen Blackmoore.
- Bibliotropic on Under the Empyrean Sky by Chuck Wendig.
- Little Red Reviewer on Life’s Lottery by Kim Newman.
- Michael G. Munz on The story behind Zeus Is Dead.
- The Best Sci-Fi Artists Featured at the Museum of Science Fiction.
- Timeless, Gianluigi Di Giacomo.
- Dragon Sacrifice, Black Saul.
- Warship, JIE .L.
- Planet Of The Apes Concept Art.
More Fun Stuff
- Yesterday’s Kin (Excerpt) by Nancy Kress.
- StarShipSofa No 348 w/ fiction by Samuel Peralta and Veronica Belmont.
- S&L Podcast #186 – The Name of the Wind is Dave.
- Watch the teaser trailer for Shockwave, Darkside, about five soldiers trapped behind enemy lines during a brutal war over ice, hidden in the deep craters of the moon.
- Litographs Tattoos: Wearable Tributes to Iconic Books.