Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies #155 [Fantasy Magazine]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- Lovecraft eZine #32 – August 2014 [Lovecraftian Horror Magazine]
- “All Within the Tender Bones” by Jason Rolfe
- “Beyond the Wakeful Senses” by W.H. Pugmire
- “King Kane” by John Howard
- “Leviathan’s Wake” by Mark Howard Jones
- “Princess and the Bee” by Greg Norris
- “The Power of a Name” by David Anthony
- “The Presence” by William Rasmussen
- “The White Cathedral” by Robert Karol
- @Mythic Delirium: “Hold Back the Waters” by Virginia M. Mohlere [Fantasy]
- SQ Mag #16 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Tor: “Headache” by Julio Cortázar, Translated by Michael Cisco [Fantasy]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows: “Muscle Memory” by Roger Dale Trexler [Science Fiction Flash]
- @The Colored Lens: “Items of Thanks” by Jamie Lackey [Fantasy Flash]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- “Canaries” by E. Saxey [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Changing the Past “ by Barton Paul Levenson [Alternate History Flash]
- “Dancing “ by M. E. Garber [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Good Kids “ by Shannon Peavey [Magic Realism Flash]
- “J’ae’s Solution” by Ciro Faienza [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Rocky Road” by James S. Dorr [Fantasy Flash]
- “The Middle Ones” by J. Spear [Science Fiction Flash]
- “What No One Ever Tells You About Becoming Immortal” by Rebecca Lang [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Every Day Fiction: “The Saddest Song” by Henry McFarland [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Farther Stars Than These: “The Plastic Suitcase “ by Eric Suhem [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Weirdyear: “Glen Abbot and The Green Man “ by Leilanie Stewart [Weird Flash]
Written – Serialized
- @Amazing Stories: The Galapagos Incident by Felix Savage: [Near Future Space Opera – Novel Serialization]
- @Paizo: Armored by Stephanie Lorée – Chapter One: Wine Like Blood, Blood Like Water [Shared World Fantasy Serialization]
- @SQ Mag: The Morland Basking Plain by Arthur Davis – Part 2 of 3 [Epic Fantasy Serialization]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Audio Vault #5 – “Pale” by Kathryn Allen [Fantasy]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Podcast #133 – “No Sweeter Art” by Tony Pi [Fantasy]
- Drabblecast #337 – “The Only Game in Town” by Desmond Warzel [Horror]
- @WMG Publishing Podcast: “An Incursion of Mice” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch [Fantasy]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod: Vanishing Point –“Cage Of Light” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1984]
Audio – Serialized
- The Classic Tales Podcast #382 – The Island of Dr Moreau by H.G. Wells [Science Fiction Serialization]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Pale Boundaries by Scott Cleveland
Where do you go after you’re torn from the only planet you’ve ever called home? What do you do when your new home despises foreigners? Who do you blame when they kill someone you care about….and how do you take revenge? Terson Reilly knew things would be different on Nivia. But he wasn’t prepared for the draconian environmental laws, harsh population control measures or the prejudice against outsiders-and they didn’t expect what he was willing to do to defend himself. Terson finds love when he meets Virene, an independent young woman chafing under the strict social controls herself. The couple do their best to conform, but their rebellious streak leads them beyond the colony’s boundaries where their attempt to rescue the crew of a crashed spacecraft unwittingly sets in motion a chain of events that threatens to expose not only Nivia’s dark secret, but that of a powerful criminal organization as well.
[Science Fiction Novel – Amazon]
Sky Hunter (Targon Tales 1) by Chris Reher
Air Command pilot Nova Whiteside is assigned to a remote outpost to guard the construction of a new tethered orbiter, Skyranch Twelve, against rebel sabotage. The difference between the well-ordered Union air fields and this dusty garrison is made painfully clear when she runs afoul a brutal commander of ground troops. Aboard the elegant new space station not all runs according to protocol and she soon suspects that more than farming is being done up there. When she uncovers the treacherous and illicit schemes taking place, it seems that local riots are the least of their troubles.
[Space Opera Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Titans by Edward W. Robertson
Rob Dunbar is the world’s best history professor. And with good reason: he’s been alive for three thousand years, keeping his existence a secret since before the days of Athens.
But a stranger named Baxter has a better use for Rob’s vast expertise. Baxter’s looking to found a mining company in the Asteroid Belt. In exchange for Rob’s help, he’ll try to unravel the mystery of Rob’s origin.
As they’re getting their outfit off the ground, they come under covert attack by HemiCo, a powerful Mars-based corporation. And Rob learns Baxter has a secret of his own–he’s not human. He’s a highly illegal AI.
Developed by HemiCo in the wilds of Mars, the first AI escaped decades ago. They’ve been fighting a shadow war against their creators ever since. Dragged to Mars, Rob is thrown into the center of the fight–and becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution that will change the course of human history amongst the stars.
[Space Opera Novel – Amazon | B&N]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction – Young Adult
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Pollen by Aaron Lamb
Rome and Shunka live on opposite sides of the city walls, but it’s not only the walls that separate their lives, it’s the air they breathe.
Rome Shackleton, a cafe shop owner is having a bad day, it’s the ten year anniversary of a stunt that left him with a notorious reputation and a limp – his failed attempt to escape his home, New Hanoi. An off the books deal goes south with a local underworld bare knuckle fighter and the secretive Flower Factory sets their sights on him. He is plunged into an impossible choice, but in a world where every day is served the same he relished a chance for a change.
Across the walls the district of Little Tokyo buzzes in a fever of neon. Shunka, is a happy teenager, she is respected by her friends, has access to all the latest mods and hasn’t even thought about the walls around her since she was a child. Running an errand for her boyfriend, she is pulled into a trap that will reveal the city for what it is and all its sinister secrets.
[Dystopian Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Catholic Guilt and the Joy of Hating Men by Regan Wolfrom
Nine Women. Nine Stories. And nothing ordinary about them.
From the slightly askew mind of Regan Wolfrom comes this collection of hilariously dark tales of love, death, and horrible timing.
[Dark Fantasy Collection – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Tournament of Chance by S.G. Rogers
Heather has trained hard for the Tournament of Chance archery competition, only to discover its promised rewards were a lie. After a daring escape from the king’s dungeon, she joins with a trio of shape-shifting wizards who intend to spark a revolution. When a magical accident sends her back in time, Heather has the opportunity to set things right. If she saves the kingdom, however, will she face the future without the only man she could ever love?
[Fantasy Adventure / Romance Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Eustice (The Reaper Corps #1) by Alex Gulczynski
Eustice P. Jennings awakens alone and confused on an ugly piece of office furniture in Purgatory. Being dead is the least of her problems as she is quickly drafted into the dangerous Reaper Corps and plunged headfirst into the endless conflict between Heaven and Hell. Friends and allies are few and far as Eustice struggles to find her place in a surreal world she never imagined could exist.
[YA Urban Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Mason McQueen and the Gargoyle’s Curse by Graham Batten
When Mason McQueen’s overbearing mother hears strange animal sounds from inside her son’s room she is convinced that he is harbouring a stray dog, but only the old stone gargoyle statue that sits outside Mason’s bedroom window knows the real truth. Lucky to be alive after surviving a horrific traffic accident, the hardy teenager should be able to deal with anything life has to throw at him, but not everyone has a P.E teacher quite like Mr Tyler. The cat is really set amongst the pigeons, (or would be, if all the cats in the area hadn’t mysteriously gone missing), when Chloe Draper the local ‘weird girl’ gets weirder and wakes up trapped inside her school locker. Mason, his friends and Hunter the school bully, are unexpectedly thrown together by chance and discover the bizarre secret plaguing their small town and why certain residents are gaining supernatural powers. Struggling to make it through another school term at Darwin Grammar soon becomes the least of Mason’s problems as he is about to discover, for where there is a price, someone will have to pay it.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
The Sorcery Code (The Sorcery Code #1) by Dima Zales
Once a respected member of the Sorcerer Council and now an outcast, Blaise has spent the last year of his life working on a special magical object. The goal is to allow anyone to do magic, not just the sorcerer elite. The outcome of his quest is unlike anything he could’ve ever imagined – because, instead of an object, he creates Her.
She is Gala, and she is anything but inanimate. Born in the Spell Realm, she is beautiful and highly intelligent – and nobody knows what she’s capable of. She will do anything to experience the world . . . even leave the man she is beginning to fall for.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Cure (Strandville Zombie Novel #1) by Belinda S. Frisch
Welcome to the Nixon Healing and Research Center, playground for the maniacal Dr. Howard Nixon whose medical research has him dabbling in the undead and has the women of Strandville disappearing.
Desperate to find a cure for the lethal virus which turns its victims into zombies, Nixon kidnaps Miranda Penton, a security recruit with a past that won’t let her go. He doesn’t count on anyone coming looking for her, least of all her ex-husband, Scott.
A warning call brings Scott to Strandville where he bands together with a team of locals determined to bring their own loved ones home. Together, they infiltrate Nixon’s staff, hatching a plan that releases not only the surviving women, but the virus on those left in the hospital.
Nixon locks down the center to contain the spread, turning patients, visitors, and staff into a dangerous horde that is almost impossible to escape. Miranda and the others fight for their lives. The town of Strandville is ground zero for the zombie apocalypse and Miranda must get free because the fate of humanity lies with her unborn child.
[Zombie Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N]