Courtesy of the publisher, and in celebration of the release of Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Stories, SF Signal has 1 copy of Digital Rapture: The Singularity Anthology edited by James Patrick Kelly and John Kessel to give away to 1 lucky SF Signal reader! This paperback copy is also signed by editors James Patrick Kelly & John Kessel and contributor Rajaniemi (US only).
Here’s more information about the book and how you can win:
This far-reaching anthology traces the path of the Singularity, an era when advances in technology will totally transform human reality. It travels to the alien far-future of H. G. Wells (Mind at the End of Its Tether), to the almost human near-future of Ray Kurzweil (The Singularity Is Near), from Elizabeth Bear’s fusion of woman, machine, God, and shark (“The Inevitable Heat Death of the Universe”), to Isaac Asimov’s evolution of ineffable logic (“The Last Question”). As intelligence both figuratively (and possibly literally) explodes, science-fiction authors and futurists have dared to peek over the edge of the event horizon. Join them there
And here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter “Rapture“
- In the body of the email, please provide a mailing address so the prize can be sent as soon as possible. (The winning address is used only to mail the prize. All other address info will be purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is open only to residents of the U.S.
- The giveaway will end Friday, June 12th (9:00 PM U.S. Central time). The winner will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.