Interviews & Profiles
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Matthew Warner, author of Dominoes in Time.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Matthew FitzSimmons, author of The Short Drop.
- Suvudu interviews Juman Malouf, author of The Trilogy of Two.
- The Rumpus interviews William Gibson, author of The Peripheral.
- Wired interviews J.J. Abrams, director of The Force Awakens.
- Wired interviews Lawrence Kasdan, co-writer of The Force Awakens.
- The Wrap interviews Emily Beecham, star of Into the Badlands.
- The 2015 Goodreads Choice Awards have been announced.
- Female Fox News Contributor Gets Death Threats for Mocking Star Wars.
- The Flash fiction “Memories of My Mother” by @ kyliu99 is being made into a short film.
- Monday was Annalee Newitz’ last day writing for io9 and Gizmodo. Newitz and Charlie Jane Anders co-founded io9 in 2008.
- Jeff Bezos’ Team Spectacularly Lands a Reusable Rocket.
Events & Event News
- The Toonseum in Pittsburgh, PA is proud to present VADER AND FRIENDS: A Presentation and Book signing with best-selling author and award-winning cartoonist Jeffrey Brown on Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 1:00 to 3:30 PM.
- Things From Another World in Portland, OR is excited to host local writer Ken Lizzi for a signing of his new sci-fi novel, Under Strange Suns, on Wednesday December 16th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Portland TFAW! RSVP on Facebook.
- Cinnabar – Inspired by tales of space travel, from Ray Bradbury to Alfonso Cuaron.
- RONE – Races of New Era – a strategic post-apocalyptic card game for 2 or 4 players set in a dark world full of destruction and suffering.
- Spatium – A Space Sandbox Survival MMO – A planet based sandbox MMO where the world can be shaped as you desire! Gather materials, advance, and interact!
- U-Turn at Next Synapse – 36 hours lost. Now a bloody mess, literally, John Howard has to relive a waking dream to recount the events of the last 36. The dream: 3027, the Zerzick 6,000 Tri-Universal has begun as the fate of human kind twists and turns down a dangerous road.
- Book Review: Science and Swashbuckling: A Daughter of No Nation.
- TV Review: Syfy’s Childhood’s End Updates a Classic to Ask Big Questions.
- 7 fan theories so good they actually came true.
- 8 Of The Craziest Star Wars: The Force Awakens Fan Theories.
- 10 reasons why Supergirl defies our expectations.
- The best cats in science fiction and fantasy, according to Hodderscape.
- The best fictional versions of Mars, according to Hodderscape.
- A Connoisseur’s Guide to Modern Creature Features.
- Fermi Conundrum Redux: The Singularity as Great Big Zero?
- The Librarians Proves That a Show Can Be Deep Without Being Dark.
- Misty Massey poses the question “Did You Win NaNo?”
- Power Ranking: The 30 best comic book writers for November 2015.
- The Pulp Swordsmen: Eric John Stark. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Return of the Ham: Watching Return of the Jedi for the First Time.
- Russia and Europe Want a Moon Colony — Why Is NASA So Focused on Mars? Potatoes?
- The 10 Coolest Artworks from the Star Wars Tattoo Portrait Show.
- Snowpiercer Posters by JC Richard and Alice X. Zhang.
- Sci-Fi Painter Simon Stålenhag Turns The Everyday Into Dystopia.
- These Science Photos Are So Beautiful They’re Basically Art.
More Fun Stuff
- 6 Disney Products We’re Looking Forward to For the Holidays.
- 7-year-old absolutely destroys the cast of ‘Star Wars‘ in trivia.
- 15 Star Wars impressions that completely crush your Yoda.
- 17 gifts for every type of Star Wars fan.
- Algernon Blackwood reading “Pistol Against a Ghost.”
- Badass Toy Hacker Converts Hasbro’s New TIE Fighter Into a Flying Drone.
- Frank Robinson and Robert Silverberg, 1953. Courtesy of Mike Resnick’s Facebook page.
- FYI: The Asteroid in Good Dinosaur Travels at 371 Million MPH 16 hours.
- Gwendoline Christie Models Captain Phasma-Inspired Gowns.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 returns! 5 episodes to get you started.
- Nerdist suggests Holiday Gifts for Star Wars Fans.
- Ralph McQuarrie’s Boba Fett gets new life as a Star Wars collectible.
- Read the short story “Naysayers” by Orson Scott Card at National Review.
- STAR WARS Itty Bittys Use The Force for Good.
- Watch a Stylish supercut of 70s and 80s hacking scenes.
- Watch a trailer for Gingerbreed.