Interviews & Profiles
- Former People interviews M. John Harrison, author of Empty Space.
- Grim Tidings Podcast interviews Delilah S. Dawson, author of The Perfect Weapon.
- Portland Press Herald interviews Elizabeth Hand, author of Hard Light.
- The Qwillery interviews Guy Haley, author of The Emperor’s Railroad.
- SFFWorld interviews the authors of the Fight Like a Girl anthology.
- Astronauts finally get the bouncy castle of their dreams!
- Dystopian hit movie Ten Years officially released online amid piracy concerns
- Nominations Open for 2016 Parsec Awards
- Simon & Schuster has announced the winners of its fan fiction writing contest, Strange New Worlds in celebration of Star Trek’s 50th anniversary.
Events & Event News
- Ernest Cline, author of Ready Player One, will appears at Malaprop’s Bookstore in Asheville, NC on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 7:00 PM for a signing of Armada.
- Writers Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly will sign JOYRIDE #1 at Collector’s Paradise in Pasadena, California on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 from 6:00 till 8:00 PM! RSVP
- Don’t Mess with Cthulhu – A fast paced social deduction game for 4-6 players. Can you save the world, or will you lose your sanity?
- Indianapolis’ Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library is asking his fans to contribute $775,000 to pay for its move to a larger location.
- NecronomiCards: A Lovecraftian card game of strategy & luck. – Match magic symbols to summon elder gods, demons, and mythological monsters, then use them to attack your opponents. 2-4 players
- Book Review: Mark Yon reviews the dictionary. Firefly: The Gorramn Shiniest Dictionary and Phrasebook in the ‘Verse by Monica Valentinelli
- TV Review: Orphan Black season 4 premiere takes a huge risk — and it pays off
- 20 Things You Didn’t Know About Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ BB-8
- AI is coming for you. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity or remorse. And it absolutely won’t stop until we are all dead… in a few decades. Actually, it would be more accurate to say AI is coming for your grandkids, so way to dodge a bullet!
- An Open Letter to the Person Who Wiped Boogers on My Library Book
- Blood, the Phoenix and a Rose – writing plans for 2016 [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Damien Walter offers a Reaching for the stars: a brief history of sci-fi space travel
- Dystopian vs. post-apocalyptic worldbuilding by Joe Hart
- Farewell to Carrie Vaughn’s urban fantasy series about a werewolf named Kitty
- Has Orphan Black become too confusing?
- How Orphan Black Is Returning to Its Roots in Season 4
- J.J. Abrams, Chris Rock Talk Star Wars, Terrible First Jobs at Tribeca Film Festival… J.J. Abrams Makes Cryptic Comments About Rey’s Parents… J.J. Abrams clarifies comments
- A Man Named Kenobi: A Star Wars Story Pitch
- Orphan Black Doesn’t Think Human Cloning Is Such a Big Deal, bioethicist disagrees.
- Orphan Black kicks off its fourth season with a trip to the past
- Should we stop worrying and learn to love the killer robot?
- Terry Pratchett memorial: tears, laughter and tantalising new projects
- Todd Klein looks back at Robert Heinlein in the Pulps [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Top ten reasons why I love to write dystopian fiction by Jeannie van Rompaey
- The Week explains How killer robots will save us all
- Well, Now We Know Who Rey’s Parents Aren’t
- Why District 9 Is One Of the Best Sci-Fi Movies of The Last 20 Years
- Why Mark Hamill Initially Didn’t Want to Return as Luke
More Fun Stuff
- Star Wars Levitating Speaker Made To Resemble The Death Star
- Star Wars syncs up well with Dark Side of the Moon… coincidence?
- Watch a trailer for Season 2 of Mr. Robot