Interviews & Profiles
- ComicBooked interviews Michael R. Fletcher, author of Beyond Redemption.
- Coode Street interviews Paul McAuley, author of Into Everywhere.
- Graeme Manson and John Fawcett of Orphan Black discuss Delphine’s disappearance
- io9 interviews Marko Kloos, author of Chains of Command.
- The LA Review of Books interviews Cory Doctorow.
- SelfPublishing interviews Jennifer Wells, author of Fluency.
- SFFWorld interviews Sean Danker, author of Admiral.
- 10 Cloverfield Lane’s Dan Trachtenberg directing a Black Mirror episode
- Avatar Creators Did Not Rip Off Sci-Fi Short Story, rules court
- Comet named after a cat makes its first appearance. Hello, kitty
- Elisabeth Moss to Lead Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale
- Elon Musk opens virtual gym to train your robots
- Terry Brooks, author of the Shannara series, has been revealed to be the owner of a valuable comics collection stolen between 2010 and 2012. The vintage comics, valued at between $100,000 and $500,000, were in the possession of the Sterling, Illinois, law firm Miller & Lancaster, where Brooks was an attorney before becoming a full-time author. Trisha J. Clemens, a former employee of the firm, has been charged with theft in the case. She also faces an earlier charge of theft of between $100,000 and $500,000 from the law firm. One of her bond conditions is that she can neither possess nor sell comics. A preliminary hearing has been set for May 2.
Events & Event News
- The Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination in conjunction with The Bartlett School of Architecture are jointly hosting “Science Fiction Meets Architecture: London in 2080,” a two-part transatlantic lecture series on designing for the future at Atkinson Hall Auditorium, UC San Diego.
- Co-creator Dave Kelly will sign TALES OF THE NIGHT WATCHMAN Hypno-Tronic Comics in Staten Island, NY on Saturday May 7, 2016 from 1:00 till 4:00 PM for Free Comic Day!
- Your guide to the blockbuster summer movies of 2016
- Aeon’s End – A cooperative deck-building game of post-apocalyptic fantasy survival.
- The Hand In Shadow – I am writing a paranormal science fiction novel where the Anunnaki are behind world events in a believable manner.
- Ultimate Scheme – A Board Game for Evil Geniuses – a board game with a not-too-terribly serious theme of evil geniuses, mastermind villains, and world domination!
- Single Version – A massive paramilitary group. A fully armed society. An exploding population of cockroaches. Amidst it all, an entomophobic pacifist who has yet to need a cybernetic limb.
- TV Review: The 100 Has Matured From Teen Show Into Serious Sci-Fi
- TV Review: Orphan Black struggles to give all of its clones equal attention
- Movie Review: Depravity, class war and the 1 percent: Tom Hiddleston shines in brilliant dystopian fable High-Rise (Opening May 13th)
- 5 ‘Beloved’ DC Heroes that Could Join Legends of Tomorrow
- 8 Star Wars Books That Every Force Awakens Fan Must Read
- 15 Characters We Want To See In Supergirl Season 2
- AI, Bioenhancement, and the Singularity: Defer Radical Self-Modification, Says Historian, to Avoid Destabilizing Civilization, but where’s my chainsaw prosthetic?
- Andrei Tarkovsky Used Cinema to Communicate Without Speaking
- Another 8 unanswered questions about Disneyland’s Star Wars land
- Does this bizarre new fan theory finally reveal the true identity of Star Wars villain Supreme Leader Snoke? It’s complicated and maybe a bit of a rip-off of the latest Agents of SHIELD plotline, but it would be a masterstroke.
- E-books don’t smell: Obvious? Yes. But the physicality of paper books and the physical spaces which house them can be a surprisingly complex issue.
- Here Are All the Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror Books That Will Blow Your Mind This May
- How comic book movies are making comic books worse
- How smart contact lenses will create the sci-fi eyes of the future
- How to train your robots: Elon Musk’s new AI gym
- A list of Five Books About War and Military Culture that entirely omits Harry Turtledove
- Rey is Luke and Leia’s daughter! I like to call this the JoffREY theory.
- Steve Davidson shares his 1941 Retro Hugo Awards Final Ballot
- Stranger Than Fiction: First Contact Conspiracy Theories
- They said it couldn’t be done: Superheroes dominating the box office
- Weighing The Good And The Bad Of Autonomous Killer Robots In Battle
- Why Supergirl Deserves a Second Season
- Will The Marvel Cinematic Universe Continue Forever?
- Make Your Own Fallout 4 Pip-Boy
- Sty Wars: The Pork Awakens by illustrator Kenny Durkin
- Voltron Lion Force LEGO set by len_d69
More Fun Stuff
- Become a Sssith Lord With This Snakeskin Darth Vader Helmet
- Check Out The First Gorgeous Issue of Liminal Stories
- Here’s How Spacecraft Dashboards Evolved, and Where They’re Headed
- How Games Are Changing the Museum Experience
- Imagining Aliens: A Conversation in Science, Fiction, and Theology
- Kylo Ren Talks First in Hilarious THE FORCE AWAKENS Redub
- Star Wars 8 Set Photos Feature Millennium Falcon & Ahch-To
- SpaceX Will Send Your Stuff to Mars Starting at $62 Million
- We’d Never Stop Staring at the Sky If Earth Were a Moon of Jupiter
- Watch These Robot Alliances Destroy Each Other’s Forts
- Welcome to the Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy Young Adult Flowchart [Via]