By JP Frantz
| Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 at 9:55 pm
“Tube bits?”, you say, wondering what the heck those are. Well, we already have John’s excellent ‘Tid Bits’ posts, but I thought we could branch out and focus on science fiction television. Tube Bits will focus on news items that deal with SF on TV. We’ll scour the web to find interesting nuggets of information, so you don’t have to!
- The Sci Fi Channel is resurrecting Farscape as a series of 10 webisodes. No word on casting or premiere date. [Via -the Intertubes in general]
- The Sci Fi Channel also announced their development slate for original programming. And I use the term ‘original’ in the ‘we take two or more ideas from existing properties and mash them together to make an original show’ sense. We’ve got a re-hash of The Incredibles, a mashup of Buck Rogers and John Carter Of Mars, the Odyssey meets American Gods and a bunch of ‘reality’ programming, as only Sci Fi can do. Very few look interesting.
- NBC announces Sci Fi Mondays. Not as cool sounding as Sci Fridays, but hey, its SF on a prime time network. NBC will air Chuck, Heroes and Journeyman. Expect the premieres of most of these series in September.
- Another clueless reporter discovers Battlestar Galactica and realizes not is it good TV, but science fiction can be good too. Describing BG as one of ‘those’ kinds of shows is a tip off to cluelessness.
- More reportage xon upcoming SF series on the major networks. Apparently, SF is either stories about nerds, or stories for nerds. I guess you can’t have SF for regular people? I thought I was regular people.
- And lastly, Slice Of Sci Fi has an interview with Claudia Black, whose mere presence in a show can kill it off (Farscape, SG-1, Dresden Files). (For Tim).