released posted Chris Kessler’s final cut of his awesome-looking Blade Runner: Anime trailer. Dare I say it looks better than the film…?
The animation folks at Speedrun have put together another super-abbreviated version of a science fiction classic. This time, they take their pencil-drawing skills to Blade Runner…
- Interviews & Profiles:
- Self-Publishing Review interviews Tessa Dick, the widow of Philip K. Dick, who has reworked the novel he was working on at the time of his death in 1982: The Owl in Daylight.
- Agony Column podcast-interviews Karen Armstrong.
- @Bibliophile Stalker: Kate Baker.
- ActuSF interviews James Lovegrove (The Age Of Ra).
- Locus Online has Locus Magazine interview excerpts with John Clute.
- Ben Bova talks about the recent loss of his wife, Barbara.
- Frederik Pohl on fandom.
- Last week, the Indian science fiction writers met in Varanasi to discuss the future and perils of science fiction writing in India.
- Cory Doctorow’s book Little Brother wins the Sunburst Award.
- Ross Bradshaw considers: Small presses are often based on one individual. Is that a bad thing? [via Damien G. Walter]
- At Juno books, Paula Guran talks about Women, Horror, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and Other Things I Should Not Say… [via Bibliophile Stalker]
- Never underestimate the determination of a sf fan: The SF Team, an informal group of fans and enthusiasts from Serbia, has translated Michael Swanwick‘s Periodic Table of Science Fiction into Serbian.
- Free sample from Pyr: The first 5 Chapters of Paul McAuley’s The Quiet War.
- Neatorama directs us to this Interactive Map of Banned and Challenged Books.
- Writerly Bits:
- ScFi Wire asks: Is mysticism overtaking science in sci-fi?
- For those musically-inclined (or reclined as the case may be): Buzzgrinder is hosting an Admiral Ackbar song contest.
- ABC will only be running a measly 4 episodes of V this year, with the rest of the season appearing in the Spring of 2010. Yeah — only if the rating were good, I’m thinking. [via SciFi Scanner]
- Also at SciFi Scanner: Are You a Replicant? Take the Blade Runner Ultimate Fan Quiz and find out!
- Slice of SciFi on the upcoming Stargate Universe premiere: “this isn’t your daddy’s ‘Stargate’ series”.