This year’s finalists for the Gemmell Awards for Fantasy have been announced!
- The Daylight War by Peter V Brett (Harper Collins UK)
- Emperor of Thorns by Mark Lawrence (Harper Collins UK)
- The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch (Gollancz)
- A Memory of Light by Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan (Tor/Forge)
- War Master’s Gate by Adrian Tchaikovsky (Tor UK)
- 2013 RAVENHEART AWARD FOR BEST FANTASY COVER ART: Didier Graffet and Dave Senior for the cover of Red Country by Joe Abercrombie (Gollancz)
- 2013 MORNINGSTAR AWARD FOR BEST FANTASY DEBUT: John Gwynne for Malice (Pan MacMillan)
- 2013 LEGEND AWARD FOR BEST FANTASY NOVEL: Brent Weeks for The Blinding Knife (Orbit)
Congratulations to the winners!
Helen Lowe is an epic fantasy author and SF Signal contributor, and last year she won the David Gemmell Morningstar Award for her debut adult fantasy novel, The Heir Of Night (THE WALL OF NIGHT Book One.) Today, fellow speculative fiction author Tim Jones is talking with her about her writing and recent shortlisting for the David Gemmell Legend Award for Best Fantasy Novel, for The Gathering Of The Lost (THE WALL OF NIGHT Book Two.)
The finalists for the 2013 David Gemmell Legend Awards have been announced!
- Joe Abercrombie: Red Country (Gollancz)
- Jay Kristoff: Stormdancer (Pan Macmillan UK)
- Mark Lawrence: King of Thorns (HarperCollins/Voyager)
- Helen Lowe: The Gathering of the Lost (Orbit)
- Brent Weeks: The Blinding Knife (Orbit)
- The Heroes – Joe Abercrombie
- The Wise Mans Fear – Patrick Rothfuss
- Blood of Aenarion – William King
- Alloy of Law – Brandon Sanderson
- Black Veil – Kristen Britain