I know it’s not a genre show, but Castle has it’s genre moments, including this shiny montage of Firefly references.
One of the most anticipated panels at Comic Con this year was the Firefly 10th Anniversary Reunion panel. The reaction from fans, ten years after only a 14 episode run, is hardly surprising for fans of the show…but still no less impressive.
Check it out after the break…
I’m betting the word ‘Firefly’ made you at least take a look at this post. And since you’re reading this on SF Signal (the purveyors of all fine things science fiction) I’m betting you like Firefly. A lot. You may even have a browncoat to your, but you’ve definitely seen Joss Whedon’s truncated masterpiece several times. You may have even tried to introduce Firefly to that special someone in your life. But what happens when that someone doesn’t like Firefly (I know! Crazy right?)? Singer/songwriter Mikey Mason takes drastic action. Was he in the right? You decide!
BRIEF SYNOPSIS: Mal and his crew take on a dangerous job and are unknowingly tracked by Blue Glove operatives.
PROS: The heist story line; good artwork; nice-to-have extras.
CONS: The Blue Gloves plot was an (obviously) unresolved lead-in to Serenity.
BOTTOM LINE: This felt like a “lost episode” of Firefly.
- Interviews & Profiles:
- Iain M. Banks is interviewed by Time, The Independent, and the Scotsman.
- Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf interviews Cherie Priest, author of Boneshaker.
- The latest episode of Cult Pop features a video interview with Marcus Sakey.
- Harry Connolly is featured on John Scalzi’s latest Big Idea post.
- Joseph Mallozzi’s blog readers throw questions at actor Brian J. Smith (Stargate Universe).
- Wanna interview John Scalzi? John Scalzi is fielding questions about his involvement in Stargate Universe.
- Authors reviewing authors:
- Norilana Books will be publishing 7 Tanith Lee titles, including two reprint trilogies (The Birthgrave Trilogy and The Wars of Vis sequence) an one original sequel.
- Here’s a nice Flickr gallery of vintage sf paperbacks.
- Adaptation of the Day: Stephen King’s “The Colorado Kid”. [via Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine]
- ABC’s FlashForward is making references to Lost. [via SciFi Scanner]
- AMC’s The Prisoner remake gets a start date: Sunday Nov. 15.
- 50 years later, Twilight Zone bridges time: “Rod Serling’s veiled commentary remains as soul-baring today as it did a half-century ago…”
- @SCI FI Wire: 7 years after Firefly: Where are they now?
- Speaking of Stephen King, Jigsaw’s Lair lists Part 1 of Best Stephen King Adaptations
- Neatorama reprints 10 Sci-Fi Books That Even Non-Geeks Would Love from Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader Plunges Into the Universe.
- @BestScienceFictionStories: 6 Science Fiction Stories Containing Altered Human Bodies
- There are several genre titles in Topless Robot’s list of The 5 Best and 5 Worst Book & Record Story Sets.
- Can You guess which classic science fiction novel made Bookstove’s list of 10 Dirty Books You Should Read?