- The Frankensteinia blog tracks Frankenstein and “all things related in the arts, media and popular culture.” [via Gravity Lens]
- At SciFi Wire, John Joseph Adams profiles Tim Lebbon, author of Dusk.
- Forbes briefly interviews sf author Robert J. Sawyer in his capacity as futurist. “A futurist’s goal is usually to predict the future, but a science-fiction writer’s goal is often to prevent the future, by depicting a plausible but undesirable scenario with enough credibility that society decides to make a course-correction.”
- Leveraging a recent USA Today article, Cinerati takes a deeper look at Conan the Barbarian.
- Event: Fantastic Fiction at KGB reading series (hosted by Ellen Datlow and Gavin J. Grant) present Lucius Shepard and Matthew Cheney on Wednesday November 21, 7pm at KGB Bar in New York.
- Baen’s Universe Volume 2 number Number 3 (October 2007) is now available for download.
- Boston.com looks at fan fiction. “…a stigma clings to fan fiction that is similar to the one that taints the science fiction/fantasy genre.”
- IMAX theater showings of I Am Legend will include a 7-minute clip of The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie.
- According to the New York Times, Elves Are Out and Aliens are In. At last in video games. “…2007 has been dominated by perhaps the deepest lineup of science fiction games ever.”
Filed under: Tidbits