UPDATED: with NPR link.
- CinemaBlend has the teaser poster for Star Trek XI, due in 2008.
- This week’s NPR Weekend Edition Sunday will feature a report on the Singularity called “Planned Adolescence” (link) by Rick Kleffel and it will feature Vernor Vinge and Cory Doctorow, “helping to explain to listeners who are not immersed in science fiction just what the technological singularity is, where the idea originated in Vinge’s work, and how it plays out a bit in the literature.” [via Kleffel's Agony Column and SFF Audio]
- A gallery of Hubble wallpaper.
- Jonathan Strahan shows off the John Picacio covers for his two new anthologies Science Fiction: The Very Best of 2005 and Fantasy: The Very Best of 2005, now available for pre-order from Locus Press.
- The Einstein Archives collects Einstein’s papers and letters.
- On November 28, Warner Home Video will release Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, a revised version of the 1980 sequel to Donner’s Superman: The Movie.
- Mumpsimus (Matthew Cheney) has a longish post about Philip K. Dick and literary style. [via SFBC Blog]
- Meme Therapy interviews Mark Budz.
- Cheryl at Emerald City talks of advance reading copies and bribes.
- Time Traveler Show episode #3: “Arena” by Fredric Brown as read by William Spurlin (~56 minutes).
- Meet the author: Jonathan Stroud, author of Ptolemy’s Gate.
Filed under: Tidbits