The latest issue of Internet Review of Science Fiction (still accepting free subscription) is noe available. Contents:
- Editorial: The Critical “I”: self-bias in review and analysis
- Feature:Is Slipstream Just a Fancy Word for Voice?
- Essay: Reviving Literacy through Science Fiction and Fantasy by Heidi Kneale
- Essay: Dangerous Visions and Feet of Clay
- Review: The Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson: A Review in Three Acts: Part Three: Tertium Non Data
- Review: In the Night Room by Peter Straub
- Review: Short Fiction Reviews, April 2005
- Review: The Cup of the World by John Dickinson
The Reviving Literacy piece is interesting. The solution? “Give a kid a science fiction book.” Here, here!