Welcome to another installment of SF Tidbits!
- In his Boston Globe review of Eric Frank Russell’s book Wasp, science fiction professor James Sallis comments on Golden Age science fiction: “…to fully understand a story, one must know the period in which it was written.”
- Ignatius Insight has an interview with Tim Powers, author of Anubis Gates.
- Computer guru and publisher Tim O’Reilly has posted his 1997 analysis of Frank Herbert’s Dune .
- LiveJournal Fighting the Boobah Menace (I like that name) discusses some inconsistencies with Star Wars, The Matrix and Star Trek.
- LiveJournal Toad Hall Transitions (this one, not so much) has a humorous alternative for sf awards: The Not-the-Hugo Awards.