The SF Signal contest, in which we asked you to answer 10 sf-related trivia question, is over and the winner is…Julia! Congratulations, Julia!
Julia was one of the ones who answered all 10 questions correctly. Here are the trivia answers…
- Which author wrote the book that was the basis for the movie The Iron Giant? Ted Hughes.
- What book was the basis for the TV show The Six Million Dollar Man? Cyborg by Martin Caidin
- Name three science fiction authors who wrote for the TV show Land of the Lost. Any 3 of the following: Ben Bova, D.C. Fontana, David Gerrold, Larry Niven, Norman Spinrad or Theodore Sturgeon
- What was C.J. Cherryh’s original last name? Cherry.
- Which author was nominated for two Hugo awards in 2006? Michael A. Burstein.
- What three novellas make up Robert Silverberg’s book Nightwings? “Nightwings“, “Among the Rememberers”, and “The Road to Jorslem”.
- The SF Signal review of which sf book featured a snippet of dialogue from Woody Allen’s Love & Death? The Golden Transcendence by John C. Wright
- Who wrote the short story “I, Robot”. Cory Doctorow.
- What’s the name of the Google-like H.P. Lovecraft search engine? Cthuugle.
- What participant on the TV show Mythbusters has been honored multiple times on SF Signal by Pete? Kari Byron.
Thanks to all who participated.