This weekend is the Robert A. Heinlein Centennial celebrating 100 years since Heinlein’s birth on 7/7/07. Those of us who cannot attend the celebration, surf. To that end, here is a big-@$$ collection of Robert A. Heinlein links…
- SF author Michael Cassutt on the RAH Centennial.
- Wikipedia pages:
- RAH’s page at Templeton Gate
- RAH’s IMDB page.
- The Robert & Virginia Heinlein Prize.
- Some Heinlein quotation sites.
- Heinlein-related YouTube videos.
- Heinlein-related Google videos.
- “All You Zombies” (Also: A spoliery explanation of the time-hopping)
- “And He Built a Crooked House”
- From Baen’s webscriptions of The World Turned Upside Down: “The Menace from Earth“.
- From Baen’s webscriptions of Expanded Universe:
- Also at Baen’s webscriptions, sample Farnham’s Freehold and The Notebooks of Lazarus Long.
- A map of RAH’s Future History
- An illustrated list of Heinlein fiction.
- Heinlein Book Cover Museum
- A gallery of Stranger in a Strange Land book covers.
- RAH Quiz: Which Heinlein Book Should You Have Been A Character In?
- Christopher Weuve’s Thoughts on Starship Troopers
- Stromata looks at What Robert Heinlein Got Wrong.
- SF author John C. Wright reviews a slew of Heinlein books.
- The Heinlein Society
- The Robert A. Heinlein site.
- We Grok It fan site, with sub-sections on books, essays and audio recordings by RAH.
ARTICLES/ESSAYS BY OR ABOUT HEINLEIN
- RAH’s contribution to Edward R. Murrow’s radio series This I Believe is a short essay called “Our Noble, Essential Decency“.
- RAH: A Biographical Sketch by Bill Patterson.
- RAH’s home is profiled in a 1952 issue of Popular Mechanics.
- “It’s Great to be Back” by David G. Hartwell and Kathryn Cramer – intro to The Ascent of Wonder anthology.
- Heinlein’s Guide to Computer Marketing by Curt Monash.
- “Heinlein Gets the Last Word” is Kurt Vonnegut’s New York Times article on the literary importance of Heinlein and the uncut Stranger in a Strange Land (free registration required, or use our gift to you: username / password = heinlein100 / TANSTAAFL).