- At SciFi Wire, John Joseph Adams profiles Jeff and Ann VanderMeer, editors of Best American Fantasy.
- Bruce Sterling talks Mundane Science Fiction. [via Locus Online]
- Here’s Stephen King on What Ails the Short Story. “Last year, I read scores of stories that felt … not quite dead on the page, I won’t go that far, but airless, somehow, and self-referring. These stories felt show-offy rather than entertaining, self-important rather than interesting, guarded and self-conscious rather than gloriously open, and worst of all, written for editors and teachers rather than for readers.”
- Free fiction: “The Last Worders” by Karen Joy Fowler from Lady Churchill’s “Robot” Wristlet #20.
- Equal time: AfterElton lists the sexiest sci-fi hunks on the small screen. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…
- From the Heart of Europe has a scanned 1988 interview (and transript) with David Tennant (from a school yearbook>) where he expresses a desire to play Doctor Who.
- Starwars.com previews the Yoda stamp.
UPDATE: Ellen Datlow responds.