- The Television Critics Association Press Tour has been going on this week. TV Week was there and live blogged the Fringe panel. Interesting, Abrams’ love for The Night Stalker and The Twilight Zone influenced Fringe.
- Especially when you consider that Abrams says Fringe is not an X-Files clone. Let’s see: FBI – check. Propensity to feature weird/psuedo-science – check. Overarching ‘mythology’ plot – check. It may not be a clone, but it sure looks like a cousin. Especially if you’ve seen the pilot.
- Saturday night looks to be an interesting night on Cartoon Network. Star Wars: Clone
Wars, a new animated Batman series and new Ben 10 episodes will anchor the evening. I leave it to you decide whether this is a better lineup than Sci Fi has on Saturdays.
- After the manhandling Firefly took at the hands of Fox, you have to wonder why Whedon went back to them for his new show, Dollhouse. Joss apparently accepted what the network needs from his show, and, anyway, “They didn’t do to me what was done to Firefly.”
- Apparently Dr. Horrible’s Sing-along Blog has gone live. As of this writing, the web site is down for the count, so no Doogie Howser goodness.
- Thomas Dekker, of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, says his character, John Connor, is going to become more cold-blooded in season 2. Good! He was too much of a wuss in the first season. If they do it right, they can chalk his transformation up to character development…
- JMS on whether or not to expect any more Babylon 5. The short answer: Don’t hold your breath. Sad really. Imagine what could have been if they had had a real budget.