It’s called FLEPia (Nice name. Not.) and its features include:
- 8-inch display screen capable of showing up to 260,000 colors in high-definition (768 x 1024 resolution).
- Equipped with Bluetooth and high-speed wireless LAN.
- 40 hours of continuous battery operation when fully charged..
- Supports up to 4GB SD card (the equivalent of 5,000 conventional paper-based books).
- Books downloaded directly to device.
- Embedded stereo speakers for audio playback of e-books.
- Input: touch screen, digital stylus, scroll key, function buttons.
- Two e-book viewers included as standard feature (BunkoViewer [XMDF], T-Time [.book]).
- Loaded with Windows CE5.0, enabling use of an Internet browser, e-mail, and various software.
So is this a Kindle killer? Here’s a clue: the FLEPia costs 99,750 Japanese Yen, or roughly $1,015 U.S. dollars.
Sweet Jeebus! I’m guessing, no, this is not a Kindle killer.