BOOKS AND COMICS
- BOOM! previews the new Philip K. Dick comic, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- My Favourite Books interviews: David Moody, author of Hater.
- The World in the Satin Bag: Young Adult Fiction Can’t Win: “Is it just me or does it seem like YA fiction is incapable of winning in the lit world?”
- Jetse de Vries – Prologues in SF: “…prologues are like highly dominant spices in a dish: they can work if used with mastery and restraint, and if they add something essential to the whole.”
- John Anealio reveals in his latest podcast about his upcoming musical work being done for Pyr: writing a song to complement Mike Resnick’s Starship series.
- Omnivoracious rounds up J.G. Ballard Tributes and Links.
- SF Signal Irregular Pete Tzinski talks about writing.
- Free Fiction [courtesy of QuasarDragon]:
- @Manybooks: “The Calm Man” by Frank Belknap Long (1954).
- @Hairy Green Eyeball: Jpeg scans of “The Death’s Head Meteor” by Neil R. Jones (1930).
- The latest issue of Heliotrope is out with fiction by Neil Gaiman and Rhys Hughes and nonfiction by Lou Anders, Paul S. Kemp, Hal Duncan, Bryan Talbot, Chris Roberson, and Catherynne M. Valente. [via Cool-Mo-Dee]
- @Beneath Ceaseless Skies:
- @Audio Fiction:
- James Patrick Kelly reads Part 1 of his story “Going Deep“.
- The latest Starship Sofa features fiction by Spider Robinson and Marc Laidlaw.
- @Well Told Tales: “The Eyes Have It” by Aaron Polson, read by Glen Hallstrom.
- @Beneath Ceaseless Skies: “Unrest” by Grace Seybold.
- @Dunesteef: “OSSE, The Artist” by Alex Moisi.
- The latest Brewster Rockit Comic features Ted, the laid-Off Stormtrooper.
- Shame on you, Amazon! Amazon Deletes Reviews That Mention Payola.
- Robert Rodriguez will helm a Predator reboot.
- SciFi Scanner has posted a SciFi Vehicle Smackdown.
- VIDEO: Actor Joe Pantoliano analyzes The Matrix films.
- SciFi Cool offers this nice Beginners Guide To Essential Sci-Fi At The Movies. What, no Blade Runner? [Steps into shadows…]