What’s the book about? here’s the description from Amazon:
A Boeing 777 arrives at JFK and is on its way across the tarmac, when it suddenly stops dead. All window shades are pulled down. All lights are out. All communication channels have gone quiet. Crews on the ground are lost for answers, but an alert goes out to the CDC. Dr. Eph Goodweather, head of their Canary project, a rapid-response team that investigates biological threats, gets the call and boards the plane. What he finds makes his blood run cold.
In a pawnshop in Spanish Harlem, a former professor and survivor of the Holocaust named Abraham Setrakian knows something is happening. And he knows the time has come, that a war is brewing . . .
So begins a battle of mammoth proportions as the vampiric virus that has infected New York begins to spill out into the streets. Eph, who is joined by Setrakian and a motley crew of fighters, must now find a way to stop the contagion and save his city–a city that includes his wife and son–before it is too late.
For a chance to win a copy, follow these simple steps:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com (that’s us).
- In the subject line enter ‘The Strain Giveaway‘.
- Please include your postal address so the prize can be shipped out immediately when the contest is over. This contest is open to U.S. residents only.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate emails will disqualify you. We may even put a pox on you.
- The contest will end Tuesday, June 9th 2009 (11:59 PM U.S Central time). Two winners will be selected at random, notified and announced shortly thereafter.