- The winner of the 2009 Cordwainer Smith Rediscovery Award is Abraham Merrit, author of The Moon Pool. [via SF Awards Watch]
- There’s a fund raiser for Aaron Allston in progress.
- Planet Stories has reprinted Christopher Paul Carey’s Farmerphile article entitled How Much Free Will Does A Pumpkin Have? Philip José Farmer and Sufism: “Philip José Farmer, known far and wide for both his many fantastical novels and stories and his ravenous appetite for reading, [chose] to include the subject of Sufism in a significant number of his writings.”
- Odyssey Workshop interviews editor Ginjer Buchanan.
- Nancy Kress was not impresses with Moon. (Spolier Warning!)
- Two words: Steampunk Cheetah. [via Posthuman Blues]
- Listverse lists Top 15 Horror Films Of The 2000s.
- Meanwhile, Film School Rejects lists The 10 Deadliest Movie Monsters of All Time.
TIP: Follow SF Signal on Twitter for additional tidbits not posted here!