Dark Void is one the upcoming video game titles that I’m really looking forward to. I was sorely disappointed when it was pushed back till 2010, but more time to polish this SF shooter is okay with me! What’s it about? I’m glad you asked:
Set in a parallel universe called “The Void,” in Dark Void players take on the role of Will, a down on his luck cargo pilot who crashes in the Bermuda Triangle, and is inexplicably transported to the alien dimension which is the mysterious Void. Here this unlikely hero is caught up in a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors in their struggle against an ancient and hostile race known as the Watchers who have enslaved the humans of the Void for millenia.
The hook: Will acquires his very own jetpack which allows for some unique vertical combat and some awesome flying sequences. To help drum up awareness for Dark Void, the Community site will give away that really cool Will figurine you see above. It’s will blasting off with his jetpack is looks very cool. How do you win? Here’s the rules:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com, which will eventually find its way to us.
- In the subject line enter Dark Void.
- We’re going to make you work for this one. Tell us what the very first thing you would do if you ever had your very own jetpack. It can be funny, serious, anything, but let us know!
- Also include your postal address so the figurine can be sent out to you. (Note: As per usual, US and Canada residents only.)
- The contest will end on Wednesday, Oct. 28th, 2009 at 11:59:59PM CT. 1 lucky winner will be selected at random and the prize shipped out shortly thereafter. We expect to see pictures of Will in your office/cube/room or video of you make Fwoooosh! Fwoooosh! noises.
To learn more, you can visit the Dark Void community site.