From a press release:
Who: Trade&Row – a Los Angles based 501c3 nonprofit organization established to develop and support community-oriented programs that engage current issues through the visual, performing and literary arts. For more information about Trade&Row, please visit: www.tradeandrow.org
What: Trade&Row, a nonprofit community organization, is happy to present its second annual Saturday Fantasy Film Festival Fundraiser. Independent short films from around the world and discussions will address the role of science fiction, fantasy and horror in examining social issues. Amazing donated items such as a one night stay at the Standard Hotel (Downtown) as well as items from feature films will be raffled off throughout the day. All proceeds will be used to develop and support local community-oriented programs that engage current issues through the visual, performing and literary arts.
Film screenings will be hosted by producers/writers Grant Rosenberg & Garner Simmons. The festival will also feature presentations, including a discussion moderated by Dr. Joan Wines, Professor of Literature at California Lutheran University and member of the Aldous Huxley Society, with panelists:
- Sheila Finch, science fiction author
- Joshua Dysart, comic book author/graphic novelist
- Joshua Hale Fialkov, comic book author/graphic novelist
- Marc Zicree, science fiction television and film producer
- Dan Goods, Visual Strategist for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology, will also give a presentation on the link between science and art.
When: Saturday, October 24, 2009 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Rec Center Studio
1161 Logan St
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Tickets: Tickets are available online at www.saturdayfantasy.com as well as at the door. Admission is $10.
For more information about the festival please visit: http://www.saturdayfantasy.com